M6 battery cap finally

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Danner said:

LOL, sounds like California in the US, where pretty much everything is illegal, you know, for our own good.

Exactly. Well, at least we are allowed more than 5km from our houses again. Which means I can operate my business and afford a battery cap.  If only I could buy one 😁

1 hour ago, Matlock said:

Oh I realise that very well having worked in the camera trade at one time. Just steer clear of alkaline batteries at all costs.

Alkaline batteries are the devil’s work.  I’ve had them leak in their own packages, still unused.

4 hours ago, Huss said:

Alkaline batteries are the devil’s work.  I’ve had them leak in their own packages, still unused.

Very true, but some on this forum have used LR44 batteries in their M6s and wondered why they had problems. This was long before you joined the forum.

The thing about LR44s is they often swell up before they decide to leak.  Even just sitting there, not in any device.  And I've had this happen with Duracell LR44 - so a name brand, not some off label battery.  Interestingly those Duracells say made in China, so maybe now they are actually all made in the same place and we are essentially being charged extra for the name brand packaging.

It is annoying that is it very easy to find LR44 batteries in supermarkets, drug stores, while SR44s can be much harder to track down.

p.s. having an LR44 swell then leak in your camera is not a pleasant thing to try to remove.

Looking at the packaging, the Duracell 1/3N lithiums are made in Japan.