Any Barn Door Rectangular Big Metal Black Hood for 1938 Elmar 5cm f:3.5

Mustafa, you may upgrade to Summicron 5cm to use the SOOFM.

Finding that when used on my Summicron this very effective hood is very usable if not pretty,

SOOFM is A42 clip-on.

I wanted using on my Elmar 5cm, with the SOOGZ A36-A42 adapter, the hood can be used on Elmar, but only at infinity that's good thing

the flare control is at it's best.

But as the Elmar focus closer, the hood turned to be adjusted, quite crude using the square hood, so round FISON or FIKUS as stated above by @romanus53 is better choice.

SOOFM

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

Using rectangular hoods of any kind - old and modern - only makes sense if the front element of your lens does not rotate when you focus. With a rotating front element the rectangular hood will rotate as well when you focus. This will not only look weird but will also obstruct your viewfinder in a most uncomfortable way. Of course you always could adjust the hood for each focussing position, though that's no sensible way of using your camera and lens. 

The round hoods to be used with the Elmar are not less effective in practice - since the Elmar is not very prone to flare. 

• Like 2