Hybrid Camera?

cj3209

Already been developed...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cj3209 said:

How about a film camera and a digital, all-in-one?  With an MP body and a crop sensor (no LCD needed as it would connect to Leica Fotos), I might buy this; although it would probably cost $8K, knowing Leica...

When you say film camera and digital camera all in one, do you mean it can take a film pic and a digital pic at the same time?  The sensor space/area required for each would be the same, so the only way it would work would be if you removed the digital sensor back, and replaced it with a film back.

It would seem to be the worst of both worlds, especially when you can buy a dedicated digital M for $2500 used with the M240.  And a dedicated film M for $1500-$1800 with the M3.  And take those with you instead of one camera with two separate backs.  Also the M240 is full frame.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Huss said:

When you say film camera and digital camera all in one, do you mean it can take a film pic and a digital pic at the same time?  The sensor space/area required for each would be the same, so the only way it would work would be if you removed the digital sensor back, and replaced it with a film back.

It would seem to be the worst of both worlds, especially when you can buy a dedicated digital M for $2500 used with the M240.  And a dedicated film M for $1500-$1800 with the M3.  And take those with you instead of one camera with two separate backs.  Also the M240 is full frame.

It would be somewhere between a Mamiya 7II and a 4x5 view camera in terms of size and weight. 

JMHO but I really can't envision much of a market for this type of a "Frankencanera."

On 11/26/2022 at 10:22 PM, cj3209 said:

How about a film camera and a digital, all-in-one?  With an MP body and a crop sensor (no LCD needed as it would connect to Leica Fotos), I might buy this; although it would probably cost $8K, knowing Leica...

Like this?

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2022 at 5:22 PM, cj3209 said:

LCAG will charge x2. One full price for film, one full price for digital. On single hybrid, 👯‍♀️

27 minutes ago, Overgaard said:

Everything is possible ... 

That is what I had envisioned.  Digital quality is probably not going to get that much better than it is now; sort of like where cell phones are.  To be able to change backs like that and switch from film to digital and back would be useful; no need to carry around two cameras.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cj3209 said:

That is what I had envisioned.  Digital quality is probably not going to get that much better than it is now; sort of like where cell phones are.  To be able to change backs like that and switch from film to digital and back would be useful; no need to carry around two cameras.

Already mentioned in post #4…

That camera is so big, it would actually be smaller to carry around a film M and an M10 - full frame sensor! - than an R8 w the digital back and the spare film back.