Replacement lens cap for Summilux-M 35mm ASPH FLE

budjames

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The rubber lens cap that comes with the Leica Summilux-M 35mm ASPH FLE for the lens hood easily comes off in my bag. I have lost and found it more than a few times.

Does anyone make a better lens cap that fits over the lens hood securely. I don't need to spend $60 for the Leica logo on a lousy cap.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography.

2 hours ago, budjames said:

The rubber lens cap that comes with the Leica Summilux-M 35mm ASPH FLE for the lens hood easily comes off in my bag. I have lost and found it more than a few times.

Does anyone make a better lens cap that fits over the lens hood securely. I don't need to spend $60 for the Leica logo on a lousy cap.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography.

Leica Miami just showed a nice metal cap that locks into the hood.

6 hours ago, RMF said:

It's expensive at $75+ $7.95 UPS shipping, but the Leica rubber one is $60. I pre-ordered one.

Thank you!

Regards,
Bud James

Edited by budjames

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, budjames said:

It's expensive at $75+ $7.95 UPS shipping, but the Leica rubber one is $60. I pre-ordered one.

Thank you!

Regards,
Bud James

It has several benefits over the original (post #4). Pennies compared to your top end lenses, etc.  Red Dot Forum is Leica Miami, after all.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

On 11/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, Jeff S said:

It has several benefits over the original (post #4). Pennies compared to your top end lenses, etc.  Red Dot Forum is Leica Miami, after all.

Jeff

I canceled my pre-order for the lens cap because I am trading my Summilux 35mm ASPH FLE for the New close-focusing Summilux 35mm.

Regards,
Bud James

The rubber cap on the first FLE suits me fine; never lost it, and only used when stored in bag, not when out shooting.

As an RF-only user, the close focus distance on these new lenses is lost on me; unnecessary design complexity. My SL lenses focus closer anyway. The aperture blade issue reported for some new FLE lenses is also troublesome.  Whatever works.

Jeff

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RexGig0 said:

Thanks for posting this! I would prefer the pre-II FLE, if I were to buy a 35mm Summilux, and I have the Elmar 24mm f/3.8 ASPH, so, this is good to know.

Shown and discussed in the video link, post #4, from the Miami guys.

Jeff

• Like 1

I lost the cap for the 28 and bought one from Leica for 40E.

Not to risk loosing another pricy one, I made a spare cap with PVC for the lenses that have the same type of cap.

#1 Make a paper model, #2 cut the piece of PVC, #3 form it with a hear dryer, #4 adjust the shape 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!