To upgrade or not?

Olaf_ZG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In summary: I had the M9M but did not use it much because I kept shooting a lot of film so I sold it. I bought the M10M and decided it’s better than sliced bread so much I will now give up film. This is the greatest camera I have ever owned and I have a hard drive of photos to show for it. Last year I came across a mint M9M and I bought it. I shot it for half a day and returned it. 

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend I am on a mini break in Rome. Took only the mm with me to see if I may be should keep it. 

Though I love its sound, for all the rest regarding making photos I prefer the m10m. 

That said, I still have two days so maybe I change my mind…

• Like 1

So, for three months I have both mm’s. On my last little trip I took the m9m with me, and boy, do I enjoy the sound of the shutter.

But, cropping possibilities, iso, as well as buffersize is really limited in comparison with the m10m. 

So, to me, I can’t find a reasonable reason the keep the m9m, despite it is my first real m. I’m to young for sentimental thoughts. I estimate I can get 2500€ which is a nice amount towards another lens… 

That said, thank you for those who told me to keep the original for several months, sellers remorse is a bad thing and now I’m convinced about my decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olaf_ZG said:

So, for three months I have both mm’s. On my last little trip I took the m9m with me, and boy, do I enjoy the sound of the shutter.

But, cropping possibilities, iso, as well as buffersize is really limited in comparison with the m10m. 

So, to me, I can’t find a reasonable reason the keep the m9m, despite it is my first real m. I’m to young for sentimental thoughts. I estimate I can get 2500€ which is a nice amount towards another lens… 

That said, thank you for those who told me to keep the original for several months, sellers remorse is a bad thing and now I’m convinced about my decision.

Good decision!

• Thanks 1