PC Super angulon 28mm r - 3 cam or r cam?

Henkr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I'm interested in playing around with the 28mm shift lens for the r system, but I'm wondering if it will work with my Leicaflex SL2? The entry on lens db here says it's 3-cam, but I can't see the 1st or 2nd cams on the pictures on the site. The wiki only has a listing for the r mount version and doesn't mention if it works with the leicaflex sl/sl2.

Was this lens made for both mounts? I vaguely recall something about the black protrusions in the mount working as the 1st and 2nd cams, but I don't quite recall if that was for this one or the 35mm shift lens.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Very good 28mm shift lens if a bit big.

We can say that this lens in Leica R mount is "zero cam".

No need to bother with cams as this is manual closing aperture.

No need to tell the camera the aperture in use for metering and we need to close the aperture manually,

before taking the picture.

I just mount mine on my Leicaflex SL, very good balancing.

For a while, I used in manual setting of speed and aperture to be free to shift as I want.

As side note, using filter with this PC lens is not easy.

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Thanks 1

This special lens partly with interchangeable mount can be equipped with the mount customer wants.

Mine can be equiped with Leica R mount or other, I bought it with Nikon F mount then I changed the mount to R.

A trick to know is

if the mount is smooth (= no ring on the R mount to prevent from using with Leicaflex R mount),

in this case Leicaflex using is possible.

the ring is around the mount, here just above the bottom screws

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

....at right the mount is smooth

• Thanks 1

The 28 PC nas a second cam and a third cam, but they are vestigial static cams that don't move, and are there simply to tell the camera that so far as metering is concerned, what it sees is exactly what it gets, with no auto aperture stop down. It can be used with the original film SL onwards, but not the original film Leicaflex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1