Macro Elmarit R 2.8/60 ROM and Extender 14198 issue - any alternatives?

MRJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I want to copy slides and I was trying to use the combination but the extender does not fit over the ROM contact (the Apo Extender 2x does fit and is a workaround but the aperture prolongation makes for longer exposure). Does anyone know of a simple extender which does the same, but allows me to use it on a ROM-modified lens? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

34 minutes ago, MRJohn said:

I want to copy slides and I was trying to use the combination but the extender does not fit over the ROM contact (the Apo Extender 2x does fit and is a workaround but the aperture prolongation makes for longer exposure). Does anyone know of a simple extender which does the same, but allows me to use it on a ROM-modified lens? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The Macro-Adapter-R can be found with ROM contacts, as you probably know.

I started with a TL2 but has now a SL, this is my set up for 1:1 full frame.

Positive results so far, the Macro-Adapter-R + Macro-Elmarit-R with SL give me some Cromatic Aberration that need to be corrected. Have only done slides so far.

Tried color negatives, not so easy to get colors right. B&W is easy.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Nice setup. - I ran my slides through a Nikon Coolscan 5000 before (still have to sell it), just want to see if for select "good ones" perhaps there is a benefit with this method. I did try negatives and find it difficult too. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

27 minutes ago, davidmknoble said:

@frame-it, really great article!  Thanks for posting that.  I’ve been working on best ways to scan 120mm negatives with a Leica S3 and 120 macro lens and found some similar setups, but the software he uses (NLP) looks really interesting to help finish the job!

i use this process for 6x6 negatives[scanned with fuji GFX] and also for exotic films that have no profile in most scanning software, and also for black and white i scan DNG in sillverfast/plustek, its very very fast, then follow this process for black and white

https://www.alexburkephoto.com/blog/2019/10/16/manual-inversion-of-color-negative-film

Edited by frame-it
  • Thanks 1