Can’t see LSI on instagram anymore..

MyLeicaWorld

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the Instagram account of the International Leica Society was suspended - temporarily and mistakenly - like for many other users recently. There is news that Instagram had a "glitch" on its server which caused the suspension of many accounts.

Not knowing about this I wanted to register at Instagram which I never used before. I just wanted to look what the International Leica Society as well as the German Leica Historica published on Instagram. After I completed my registration I got the notice that my account was suspended  - I never had one before ... It seems they are still having problems. 

May be totally unrelated or perhaps similar problems: For several days now I am unable to reach the "Rangefinderforum". The server seems to be totally unresponsive.

Let's hope that this Forum will not be locked down by similar problems. 

14 hours ago, UliWer said:

It seems that the Instagram account of the International Leica Society was suspended - temporarily and mistakenly - like for many other users recently. There is news that Instagram had a "glitch" on its server which caused the suspension of many accounts.

Not knowing about this I wanted to register at Instagram which I never used before. I just wanted to look what the International Leica Society as well as the German Leica Historica published on Instagram. After I completed my registration I got the notice that my account was suspended  - I never had one before ... It seems they are still having problems. 

May be totally unrelated or perhaps similar problems: For several days now I am unable to reach the "Rangefinderforum". The server seems to be totally unresponsive.

Let's hope that this Forum will not be locked down by similar problems. 

Instagram have yet to explain the reason for the issue, but they are being pursued on our behalf. When you do get on Instagram you can find me under the same 'handle' that I use here. I occasionally post items about vintage Leicas and other photographic history topics. 

2 hours ago, andybarton said:

Yet another different name for the same organisation?

This is just an Instagram 'handle'. My name is not 'willeica' and so on.

William 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 minutes ago, andybarton said:

But, why not use the organisation's name as the handle? Doesn't that make more sense?

This was gone into at length with our social media advisers and this is what they came up with based on search criteria etc. We have 15.5 K followers on Instagram and we measure the number of 'hits' that we get on a monthly basis across various platforms. The recent interruption, which was beyond our control, will have affected the 'hits' in the past month for Instagram, but we should be able to make a comparison once we get a clear month. The full name Leica Society International is on the line below. The 'International' bit would have to be removed over my dead body! Next year we are planning to have events in the US, Rome and Wetzlar following on the recent event in Dublin. I push my colleagues all the time on the international aspect. 

William 

56 minutes ago, willeica said:

This was gone into at length with our social media advisers and this is what they came up with based on search criteria etc.

Fair enough. 

It just seems odd to me that you wouldn’t use the name of the society as the “handle” on a platform like Instagram. 

We have used #LeicaSociety for years (long before the recent name update) on Instagram. Hundreds of thousands of photos have been posted with this hashtag. Keep it up everyone!

AndyB, it's not that hard. Use it once and follow us!