Q2 focus ring movement.

Driften

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just got a used Q2 today and there isn't any real lock on the focus ring. It moves from manual settings to AF with the same amount of tension. When I has a Q it took a lot to unlock. The button to press does have some spring tension but doesn't seem to do anything. The camera does go into autofocus mode, there just isn't much to keep from moving it out if bumped. I'm not sure it matters and if I was doing lots of manual focusing it would be a good thing. Did they change the action to be easier between the Q and Q2? Is it just a normal function of use that this happens?

16 minutes ago, Roy88 said:

With my Q2 you have to depress the button to get out of AF. To go from MF back to AF there is a fair amount of resistance, but it can be done without depressing the button. Sounds like yours is in need of repair.

I was worried that was the case. I just emailed repair@leicacamerausa.com to see the costs. I expect I should send it back to the seller or get them to cover the cost of repair.

Just a follow up.... I've had the Q2 Reporter for a few days now and I like everything about it much better. That first Q2 I think was in need of a CLA. The macro ring was stiff at the end of the travel to get it locked into Macro, the control ring also was stiff to move. 

In any case the reporter is like new and operates like a dream. Besides that I love the color of the camera and the "body armor" gives more grip than the leather on the standard model. It's well worth the money to me.