Reflections on M? and Full Frame Sensors )including new lenses)

Mauribix

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'd be happy with a view about 10% larger than the mounted lens, with only one frame line showing that matches the mounted lens and moves as you focus, both to correct parallax and frame line field accuracy. this would have the same viewfinder image size for a 21 or a 90. And while we are at it, an adjustable dipoter.

Interesting remark. This would mean having a small combo in the VF that is in fact a zoom lens, but the rangefinder in the middle should stay approx the same size all the time so might have to split both right AND left otherwise the straight part would change in size when the small zoom is activated from 21 mm (approx 75 degrees on the 1.3 sensor) to 90 mm (22 degrees dia ditto). So complexity goes up one or two orders of magnitude because both must also move in the correct spot for parallax. Nightmare. OK best ideas are hard to grasp though. I'm not trying to be negative but to me it is a mind-boggling experiment :rolleyes: .

But i can build on your remark. The cheapest way to achieve it is a DSLR.... with a 10% smaller sensor than the ground glass - now that would be easy to achieve. Imagine a D-Leicaflex with that approach and I would go for it immediately!

albert

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is what the DMR has.

And this is why i still have and use my DMR/R9 for those purposes it serves best. I wouldn't dream of selling most of my R lenses and when the R10 (or whatever) comes out with a FF sensor everyone will be clamoring for R lenses with the same fervor they now are doing with the M lenses.

I love the M8 for its small size because at 70 years old hiking into back country with the size and weight of the R9/DMR and associated lenses can be a challenge. But if the need for longer reach and/or macro is there, i'll still bite the bullet and carry the SLR. In the end it always comes down to the right tool for the job. Thank God for choices.

Woody Spedden