Star

carl_valiquet

2 hours ago, didier said:

Nice shot Carl.
Good lighting, nice balance between model and blurred background, with rather strong contrast I particularly like in this picture

And Bintang reminds me of my trip to Bali 10 years ago !

Didier

You must return. I'll keep a few Bintangs on the ice for you. Thanks for your replay. Merci. Carl.

• Like 1

ByYou have managed to have the flash effect mostly confined to her face rather than spread over her while body. That's a very nice effect.

By the way, she could have been drinking a beer from Texas, but it's pretty awful stuff. 😉

Cheers, Brent

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, fotografr said:

ByYou have managed to have the flash effect mostly confined to her face rather than spread over her while body. That's a very nice effect.

By the way, she could have been drinking a beer from Texas, but it's pretty awful stuff. 😉

Cheers, Brent

Hi Brent. Thank you for your comment and for the Lone Star beer label. Made me smile.Cheers!  Carl

On 11/21/2022 at 8:29 AM, Nachtmsk said:

Really nice use of flash Carl. I like the pose too.

Speaking of which, what Flash did you use? I've been looking for a flash for my M10 and was wondering if I needed to get the Leica Flash or could use some other one.

Thanks
Mike

Thank you for your comment Mike, much appreciated.I will send you a photo of the M10 with the flash mounted on it (A.S.A.P.) You might be surprised by the flash.Carl

On 11/23/2022 at 8:22 PM, carl_valiquet said:

Thank you for your comment Mike, much appreciated.I will send you a photo of the M10 with the flash mounted on it (A.S.A.P.) You might be surprised by the flash.Carl

On 11/21/2022 at 8:29 AM, Nachtmsk said:

Really nice use of flash Carl. I like the pose too.

Speaking of which, what Flash did you use? I've been looking for a flash for my M10 and was wondering if I needed to get the Leica Flash or could use some other one.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike.

In answer to your question : what flash did you use.

I am using a « retro look» LUX SENIOR flash. I am having fun with it. Not trying to make perfect photos.

When folded, the flash takes little space in the camera bag. I use it in M mode and play with the power dial.

Here are a few photos of myself with this flash. Hope my answer helps. Regards. Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carl_valiquet said:

Hi Mike.

In answer to your question : what flash did you use.

I am using a « retro look» LUX SENIOR flash. I am having fun with it. Not trying to make perfect photos.

When folded, the flash takes little space in the camera bag. I use it in M mode and play with the power dial.

Here are a few photos of myself with this flash. Hope my answer helps. Regards. Carl

Very cool! Thanks Carl. That's so true, we can just play around until it looks good. I've shot film for so long in the past that when flash is concerned I initially think I need to make sure TTL is working and I have a definite exposure. With digital it's simpler.  That flash looks a little like the flash my father had with his Argus camera back in the 60's.

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 12:19 AM, Nachtmsk said:

Very cool! Thanks Carl. That's so true, we can just play around until it looks good. I've shot film for so long in the past that when flash is concerned I initially think I need to make sure TTL is working and I have a definite exposure. With digital it's simpler.  That flash looks a little like the flash my father had with his Argus camera back in the 60's.

To have fun. Now that I am no more  a « professional commercial photographer », I enjoy taking photos without the stress of clients.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 7:14 AM, carl_valiquet said:

To have fun. Now that I am no more  a « professional commercial photographer », I enjoy taking photos without the stress of clients.

Yes indeed. I think I might pick up one of those flashes myself for the pure fun of experimentation.

Are you retired in Indonesia? I'm guessing that on the location listed in your profile. My wife was just telling me to consider Indonesia as a possible retirement location; she visited Bali over the summer and loved it.

On 11/25/2022 at 6:19 PM, Nachtmsk said:

Funny, my father also used a similar one with his Zeiss Ikoflex. I still have it, but never thought about trying it with my M 🙂

Edited by Lelmer
  • Like 2