The Anatomy of the new 2022 Leica M6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Initial batch - according to Leica (I have the internal communication paper) - is 3000 pieces.

Well, I doubt they will make 3000, sit on their hands for 6 months then take a board decision to make another 3000. If demand continues there will be more batches. Though if you believe the wiki, the M3 started with a 1953 batch of 1. Special edition? Didn't know if it would sell?

And mine is waiting to be shipped back, unopened!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

16 minutes ago, Huss said:

Does this count as a "Show us your M6"?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, madNbad said:

Does this count as a "Show us your M6"?

Ya know, if I keep it like this for the next 40 years it will really be worth something.  Just in time for when they reissue the M6 for a third time….

”Shipped direct from Leica. Package never opened!”

• Haha 1

I have a(an) old M6.  Works perfectly and exposures are spot on.  Batteries last for long long time. I really don't see it will suddenly stop working...if does remember not throw in rubbish bin...😏

I suppose a re-issue might be important, seeing it's a beautiful camera.

But for the fun of photography I tend to use my Barnack 3iiic (f conv).  But digital mainly M8's and M-P, and when I have to Leicas prosumer type, LV4

However a reissue would be great if there aren't too many old M6's available for resale, or if new is important to Company or other people users.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, Huss said:

Hi Huss,

A purchase somewhat, impetuous?  You can own up...we've all done it.

Some things discussed below that we did not, and very entertaining to watch (as always the case with the episodes from The Boiz from MIA).
Set to start at the M6 part of talk, the M6 discussion lasts for about 17 minutes for all those TL;DR folks.

https://youtu.be/dKuZm8Pi_2g?t=2436

Edited by Al Brown
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Some things discussed below that we did not, and very entertaining to watch (as always the case with the episodes from The Boiz from MIA).
Set to start at the M6 part of talk, the M6 discussion lasts for about 17 minutes for all those TL;DR folks.

https://youtu.be/dKuZm8Pi_2g?t=2436

I watched it live last night.  Josh Lehrer confirmed that the new M6 is an MP with M6 Classic cosmetics - same meter, same viewfinder, etc. Not surprising at all.

I've gone for only unmetered M film cameras up to this point, but the more I see the new M6 the more I want one.  Choosing between the M6 and MP would be a tough one - both beautiful cameras in their own right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logan2z said:

I watched it live last night.  Josh Lehrer confirmed that the new M6 is an MP with M6 Classic cosmetics - same meter, same viewfinder, etc. Not surprising at all.

I've gone for only unmetered M film cameras up to this point, but the more I see the new M6 the more I want one.  Choosing between the M6 and MP would be a tough one - both beautiful cameras in their own right. 

What happened to the “all new parts” claim?

;)

This is actually very good news - file it under  ‘if it ain’t broke..’. Also great for MP and MA owners.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Huss said:

All those moaning about lack of M6's and nobody wanted to buy yours!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, logan2z said:

I'm starting to think that that was in comparison to the original M6 ;) 

Leica marketing people...SMH...

I'm glad I got a mint BP MP; I actually prefer the low keyness of the MP over the M6.

I'm still not liking the annoying red meter indicators on the MP; prefer the M7 in this regard.

1 minute ago, cj3209 said:

I'm glad I got a mint BP MP; I actually prefer the low keyness of the MP over the M6.

I'm not in love with the red dots or the large 'Leica M6' branding on the M6, but I'm starting to think that I like the lower key flat black paint better than the shiny black paint of the MP.  It's all moot since I don't need another M film body (need, huh!), but if I were to buy another new one it would be difficult for me to choose.  They each offer something the other one doesn't.

• Like 1