What does the D in M10-D stand for?

sunung1188

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey everyone,

I’ve just ordered my dream camera, the M10-D and I’ve been engulfed in reading up on it to beat the anticipation.

For the life of me, I cannot find what the D in the M10-D stands for! (Or the M-D) - would anybody know the official term for it?

I’m guessing (and wishing) that it is ‘deconstructed’ :)

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Al Brown said:

But seriously, D is for Displaylos (which means absent of display in German).

Are you sure? Where have you heard about that? I have been searching for the same thing myself, without finding any answer.

Edited by evikne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have another "theorie" as romantic as "nowhere Leica stated" what "D" stands for.

As old time happy user of MDa, the meaning of M-D (the one I use) is obvious.

MDa * has the viewfinder and RF deleted

M-D has LCD screen deleted that's all 🤡.

* at that time followed the MD(ata), as plastic transparent strip can be used to records "data" on film

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sunung1188 said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve just ordered my dream camera, the M10-D and I’ve been engulfed in reading up on it to beat the anticipation.

For the life of me, I cannot find what the D in the M10-D stands for! (Or the M-D) - would anybody know the official term for it?

I’m guessing (and wishing) that it is ‘deconstructed’ :)

Thank you!

Well... I hope I might be able to make my point without been hissed at...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It should be some official LCAG statement why it is D. 

But :) to me, D stands for deep trolling, by those who deeply gets it.

For example, I meet the professional I know who has switched to digital Ms. (Rare to find these days). 

We both have same conclusion. If you want to have 100% guaranteed exposure with any M... you have to use S16 or external light meter.

But for most it looks like dumb statement a.k.a. stupid. And if you google "stupid" in German - plenty with D at the first letter.  

So, D is for those who are according to masses are crazy/stupid (not) to realize what S16 is just as accurate as M metering.

D is for those who realized what< o > is not always represent something accurate and once you know what exposure is, Display is for Dummies :) . 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ko.Fe. said:

Well... I hope I might be able to make my point without been hissed at...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It should be some official LCAG statement why it is D. 

But :) to me, D stands for deep trolling, by those who deeply gets it.

For example, I meet the professional I know who has switched to digital Ms. (Rare to find these days). 

We both have same conclusion. If you want to have 100% guaranteed exposure with any M... you have to use S16 or external light meter.

But for most it looks like dumb statement a.k.a. stupid. And if you google "stupid" in German - plenty with D at the first letter.  

So, D is for those who are according to masses are crazy/stupid (not) to realize what S16 is just as accurate as M metering.

D is for those who realized what< o > is not always represent something accurate and once you know what exposure is, Display is for Dummies :) . 

Well said, you have brightened my day, much more sunny now.  Where can these S16’s be purchased?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndreasG said:

...is it still possible to order a new M10-D? I thought, they are sold out already?

Unfortunately not, but several have come up for sale in the last 2-3 months.  There is currently a Mint one available on Fred Miranda forum. 

They seem to be commanding similar prices these days to what they were new when released.   The last one sold after a few days