MP or M7 or Nikon F6?

fursan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Help me choose, please.

I have a ZI, but not totally satisfied with it. Superb VF..but..

with the F6 I have a complete set of lenses..I mean complete.

I have a M8 with lenses from 15 to 90mm minus 24mm.

Lust beckons and the wife is unaware of some freed funds!

Help, Please.

Hi,

I would choose a MP. Its all mechanical and simple. Its fun loading a M camera with film and enjoying the feel of its advance lever and the simple, swift and sure click of its shutter release button while photographing. The F6 is a great camera too, with a fantastic viewfinder, I guess you'll have to get that too if you're worried that Nikon is going to stop film camera production.

Yann,

You want me to get divorced and pay alimony too!;)

Hi,

I would choose a MP. Its all mechanical and simple. Its fun loading a M camera with film and enjoying the feel of its advance lever and the simple, swift and sure click of its shutter release button while photographing. The F6 is a great camera too, with a fantastic viewfinder, I guess you'll have to get that too if you're worried that Nikon is going to stop film camera production.

I also have a Nikon FM3A. Unlike my Nikon FM, there are no LED's to light the way in manual, so other than AUTO, it is difficult to use in low light environments. The FM3A is also out of production and getting scalper prices for new. If you have the AUTO lenses to match the F6, why not?

The choice really shouldn't be between an MP, M6 and F6. The choice should first be between a rangefinder and SLR. Then between the MP or M7 if choosing rnagefinder. To me the M7 wins hands down over the MP for its AUTO shutter capability and my M3 and M6 mostly sit idle. My Nikon lenses are all AIS, so I have no need for the F6.-Dick

with the F6 I have a complete set of lenses..I mean complete.

I will vote for the MP since you already have a ZI.

Functionality is very similar to the M7.

An F6 is a very good camera...

I always wanted to have an F6, but I keep getting out-bid at eBay.

Obviously my budget is short for the demand.

Just recently, I ended buying an F5 which is not bad at all.

Blame that on the Panaleica L1 that spoiled me on the ease of AF lens that the R don't offer.

But only the F6 can matrix meter AI-S lenses and can store up to 24 different AI-S (Nikkor only) lens information in it's memory bank.

I have a lot of AI-S lenses, all prime from my F3HP that I owned since my early 20's to the present.

In the SLR world, I Am A Leica Infidel... ;)

But if Leica will develop an AF(S) SLR, of course I will most likely buy one.

For now I will play with my 105mm f/2 AF DC that arrived today... on both F3HP and F5. :)

-Ron

Caveman's Gallery

Neolithic Artistry

since you already have a camera with AE, would you consider going with an all-mechanical RF body like a M3 or M2?

I am not sure how much you have to spend, so it is hard to make suggestions, but if the MP/M7 is too much, then what about a really nice M2 or M3.

repectfully, thomas

Thanks Richard. I know rf or slr. that is my issue. can't have both.

I also have a Nikon FM3A. Unlike my Nikon FM, there are no LED's to light the way in manual, so other than AUTO, it is difficult to use in low light environments. The FM3A is also out of production and getting scalper prices for new. If you have the AUTO lenses to match the F6, why not?

The choice really shouldn't be between an MP, M6 and F6. The choice should first be between a rangefinder and SLR. Then between the MP or M7 if choosing rnagefinder. To me the M7 wins hands down over the MP for its AUTO shutter capability and my M3 and M6 mostly sit idle. My Nikon lenses are all AIS, so I have no need for the F6.-Dick

Ron, envy you 'cause you already have both. swinging between weight and name!

I will vote for the MP since you already have a ZI.

Functionality is very similar to the M7.

An F6 is a very good camera...

I always wanted to have an F6, but I keep getting out-bid at eBay.

Obviously my budget is short for the demand.

Just recently, I ended buying an F5 which is not bad at all.

Blame that on the Panaleica L1 that spoiled me on the ease of AF lens that the R don't offer.

But only the F6 can matrix meter AI-S lenses and can store up to 24 different AI-S (Nikkor only) lens information in it's memory bank.

I have a lot of AI-S lenses, all prime from my F3HP that I owned since my early 20's to the present.

In the SLR world, I Am A Leica Infidel... ;)

But if Leica will develop an AF(S) SLR, of course I will most likely buy one.

For now I will play with my 105mm f/2 AF DC that arrived today... on both F3HP and F5. :)

-Ron

Caveman's Gallery

Neolithic Artistry

Thomas, wish I had unlimited funds! have already been out bid on e-bay for a mp3 lhsa

model. times like these, i wish i was not introduced to leica!

best regards.

since you already have a camera with AE, would you consider going with an all-mechanical RF body like a M3 or M2?

I am not sure how much you have to spend, so it is hard to make suggestions, but if the MP/M7 is too much, then what about a really nice M2 or M3.

repectfully, thomas

Choose neither and make pictures with what you already have.

As you have a ZI and a M8 with a large set of lenses already, there's a lot of wisdom is this advice.... Use well what you own; the tools you have are awesome. Lusting after more gear is merely wanting for the sake of having, the acquisitive philosophy of Smaug the dragon applied to camera gear; I think James is definitely onto something.