Bye, Bye

rsh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling the M8. It has been to Leica twice since I purchased it in March, spending most of its time there. It just came back and it is still not right, so I have decided to let it go.

Richard,

I do understand your position. If I had bought just a lens with my M8 I would have done the same. With 5 expensive Leica lenses and one CV, it becomes more difficult if I don't want to lose a lot of money. That's the reason I bought a second body last week: it's cheaper than the money I will lose if I sell my actual Leica equipment.

:mad:

The camera kept shutting down so I sent it back. Solms put in new electronics and I got it back 3 months later. The light meter was off when it returned so I sent it back. I got it Tuesday. It worked fine but the sensor was dirty. I cleaned the sensor, but at this point I am ready to sell it.

I am not upset or angry as I have had no problems with any Leica or Leica lens since 1970 other than the first generation R4 in 1980, which I sent back and it was replaced.

The camera kept shutting down so I sent it back. Solms put in new electronics and I got it back 3 months later. The light meter was off when it returned so I sent it back. I got it Tuesday. It worked fine but the sensor was dirty. I cleaned the sensor, but at this point I am ready to sell it.

I am not upset or angry as I have had no problems with any Leica or Leica lens since 1970 other than the first generation R4 in 1980, which I sent back and it was replaced.

Richard - I understand your frustration. My first M8 has visited the Solms hospital twice. However, the sensor is easily cleaned. May we collectively make a suggestion? Clean the sensor, and spend the weekend with your M8. Shoot lots of pictures. If it dies, or something otherwise massively screws up, then your impulse is sound. But if it is the sensor, give it another shot. JB

Guest guy_mancuso

Richard honestly from a guy that has bought maybe 12 brand new bodies in the last 7 years , everyone of them had a dirty sensor upon opening the box. Canon, Nikon and leica. get some Eclipse 2 and some swabs clean it and use it unless you really want to move on. No question many of us had a rough year but things are a lot better now.

Like many others, I have had the dirty sensor problem after trips to Solms which clears up after taking a lot of images and cleaning the sensor a couple of times. If dirty sensors are a huge issue, then digital photography is probably not for you.

Selling the M8. It has been to Leica twice since I purchased it in March, spending most of its time there. It just came back and it is still not right, so I have decided to let it go.

Gosh, I am so sorry! Maybe I am lucky but I have bought one M8, and have not had so much as a minor problem with it. It has been a jewel, impressing me and all with the image quality. I have taken thousands of photographs with my eight CV lenses and Leica SF24D flash, and have been astounded by every one of them (I am that great a photographer).

I am sorry to see you leave the fold.:(