Impressive service from Leica Germany

Foxfan100

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently purchased a new SL2-S in the UK, and, although the relevant Leica downloaded PDF manual is useful, I like to have an official printed version, if such is available. In the past, I have ordered these for other Leica camera models without problem.

My other Leica cameras are listed on the Members Area of the Leica website, and when I added this one, I went to the printed manual ordering section. However, and for some peculiar reason, the default serial number format was much lower than the actual serial on my camera, and my entry was constantly rejected. 

I then emailed Leica in Germany, and swiftly received a charming reply from a lady in the "Customer Care – Product Registration & Software Support" department, who undertook to send me said manual as soon as possible. This has now arrived, and is a hefty, 300-page production.

Anyway, I was very pleased with, and impressed by the service from Leica; especially as timely service, attention to detail and fulfilment seem to be in decline, in many places elsewhere.

47 minutes ago, Foxfan100 said:

Anyway, I was very pleased with, and impressed by the service from Leica; especially as timely service, attention to detail and fulfilment seem to be in decline, in many places elsewhere.

Sad indeed when getting a document in the mail is considered impressive and noteworthy.  

Jeff

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxfan100 said:

hefty, 300-page production

The reference manual for my Nikon Z9 is 914 pages.  That doesn't count the supplements to the reference manual.  It reminds me of when software came with big manuals, usually in hardcover ring binders.  Even Photoshop had a printed manual.  Now on-line help and a knowledge-base passes for documentation.  That launched of how industry of books like "Nikon Z9 for Dummies".

• Like 1