Lightroom 12, AI tools and cloud sync - problems

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The new AI masking and object removal tools in Lightroom 12 are startlingly good. But when I create a collection in Lightroom Classic, and sync it to the cloud as public, the AI edits do not get synced. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Three examples I have noticed. In one case I used the AI masking to select a figure and adjust the white balance on just that figure.  In another I selected a largish area to be context-aware replaced. In a third I selected just an object (water bottle) to be removed. I then created a collection, synced with the cloud, and made it public so someone else could download it. The edits are not visible when I look online, nor are they visible when I look at the images as a collection in Lightroom CC on another laptop.

All my editing is done on a Windows 11 PC. 

7 hours ago, jaapv said:

Not an excuse but maybe an explanation. LR applies the edits only when exporting. Maybe you must export such images and reopen them before syncing to the cloud. 

That would be logical (but unhelpful) if it applied to all edits, but it seems to be only the new AI masks and content-aware fill.

In support of your suggestion, I actually did export on image properly as a jpg, but did not add it to the cloud synced collection. It subsequently showed up correctly edited in the cloud.

I see I'm not the only one with the issue on the Adobe forum; one person reports that his edits do not sync between devices.