Combining digital and analog workflow

I sold my first leica I ever owned (an M4-2) to buy my first real digital camera, a Nikon D60. That was probably 2004? Since then I have gone back and forth between digital and film a bunch. 

These days, I have a well honed hybrid workflow for film. I dev everything at home and scan w a Nikon LS-5000. After many digital cameras over the years, I now have one: an M8. I love it and the IQ of its images. Over the last few years I've shot maybe 90% film and 10% digital? Maybe even less digital. 

To answer your question: I do indeed combine digital and film images in my portfolio and other collections. I find that assembling a group of harmonious digital and film images, the difference in quality digital vs. film is just another aspect that has to be considered. I tend to find that I love my best film images more than my best digital images, which is probably why I shoot more film than digital. 

• Like 1

I have a hard time shooting both. Not sure why but I feel compelled to choose one or the other.

It's been film for the past few years. Now I'm trying digital and enjoying the ability to shoot freely, without regard to cost or time. 

I don't think I could go hybrid, at least not both in 35mm. 

John