Leica M6 Reissue: Return to Film

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/22/2022 at 1:49 AM, graeme_clarke said:

This has rekindled my interest in film. I'll have to dig my Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 and its kit out of the cupboard!!!  Last time I used it the results from my M6 TTl (now sold) easily printed to A3+.  Graeme

The Nikon Coolscan 5000 is an awsome machine. Capable of producing great scans. As is the Coolscan 8000, for medium format as well as 35mm.

Qualification: Just like great cameras, they only function at their best in skillful hands. Capable of producing excellent files for large blowups that can be measured in feet, rather than inches, and still maintain image integrity.

I will return to film with my original M6.... (even though the M6 reissue is really a nice camera..)☺️

Claus

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On 10/22/2022 at 1:41 AM, NWPhoto said:

and.....it is confirmed thanks to this interview with Leica Director of Global Marketing & Comms Andrea Pacella. He also says no other editions of M6 given there is the MA and MP.

No other editions? For now yes, but the special editions will no doubt follow in time. M6 reporter, M6 Kravitz etc., etc.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, jip said:

That's your Made In Germany Trump Tax added

The Trump Tax was only on German made lenses.  I'm not even sure that is in affect anymore.  But there still is normal duty / tariff, which seems to be 0% at this time if I read the Harmonized Tariff Schedule for 35mm cameras correctly.

This is probably a better statement of the situation from a different posting string.

"As an aside, Leica didn’t increase German lens prices by 25% for the US. Rather they spread the increase across camera/lens product lines, averaging closer to 10% (with a few exceptions). Once built in, I doubt there has been, or will be, any commensurate reduction, regardless of any tariff elimination, especially given subsequent cost increases resulting from the pandemic, supply line issues, etc.

https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2019/12/leica-price-increase-coming-jan-1-2020/

Jeff"

5 hours ago, earleygallery said:

No other editions? For now yes, but the special editions will no doubt follow in time. M6 reporter, M6 Kravitz etc., etc.

Ahh the reporter in an M6. A departure in style, but I do like the reporter editions. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, comte de Mazan said:

I think so. Wasn't this event organized to present the new M6? 

It was more about the Awards to my mind, especially the work from Afganistan, but maybe I have selective memory for content 😁

2 hours ago, pedaes said:

Think it was integral with Oskar Barnack Awards. 

• Like 1