SL2 and power bank

Pike

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have recently become interested in astro photography and in particular star trails and anticipate taking up to 300 x 30 second exposures to be stacked together in startax software. I understand from the user manual the SL2 can only be charged in camera with it switched off but, recently watched a YouTube review of the camera where the reviewer said what a cool thing it was to be able to use the camera while being charged by a power bank.  Can anyone please advise which is correct.

You can use the power grip with 2nd battery in it.

You can also use a Battery USB-C PD Power delivery Power Bank. When the camera is on it will trickle charge the internal battery .

You can also do both options at the same time.

Turn on the option Charge over USB in the camera.

I have a few of this that work well. https://a.co/d/1GUx87H , but there are many options.

13 minutes ago, Pike said:

Many thanks for your replies and confirmation that I can indeed use a power bank while creating star trails

As discussed on a few other threads on this forum, I went with the  RAVPower Portable Charger USB Battery Pack 20000mAh Power Bank

This PB lasts forever and charges fairly quickly. Works perfectly with all my Digital cameras to include the SL2. If you signup for RAVPower emails, you might be able to stack a few discount codes for a much lower price than what is listed: