rumored SL2_S Reporter

MediaFotografie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/22/2022 at 3:09 AM, hdmesa said:

I was told “no” by Josh at Leica Miami. If anyone has heard otherwise, please say so!

Looks like now you can. Mine arrives tomorrow and is en route but the voucher didn’t work when I paid on Friday. Am speaking to them now and asking for a 650€ refund. Fingers crossed… 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James1975 said:

Looks like now you can. Mine arrives tomorrow and is en route but the voucher didn’t work when I paid on Friday. Am speaking to them now and asking for a 650€ refund. Fingers crossed… 

I emailed Leica directly and they said the discount is not valid on the Reporter.

many thanks for your request.
The Family and Friends promotional discount code is valid for the SL2/SL2-S and camera+lens kits ,
this promotion does not apply to the reporter edition or other SL2/SL2-S editions .

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / kind regards
Peter Brieger
Leica Camera AG
Customer Care
Produkt Support
Am Leitz-Park 5 / D-35578 Wetzlar

Edited by hdmesa

31 minutes ago, James1975 said:

Perhaps it’s a country thing. They’ve updated the website in Spain to show it is now valid. Will report back (no pun intended). 

US and UK are also advertising the Family & Friends discount on the Reporter page, which I think is not right if they're not going to honor it.

After emailing Leica back with the above screenshot, a few hours later the F&F promo is now gone from the Reporter page on the US site. Guess that's the answer: NOPE.

Edited by hdmesa

The saga continues after sending a screenshot of the program showing on the SL2-S Reporter page. Now asking if the pre-order date is within the program timeframe, will that count or does the purchase/deliver have to happen by the 31st.

The mistake was mine, you can of course also use the SL2-S "Reporter" with the "Family and Friends" offer.

The reporter was not yet noted in my documents as it was brand new.

I would like to apologize again…

4 hours ago, hdmesa said:

The saga continues after sending a screenshot of the program showing on the SL2-S Reporter page. Now asking if the pre-order date is within the program timeframe, will that count or does the purchase/deliver have to happen by the 31st.

The guys here in Spain are working on it and it seems to be possible. They’re trying to figure out how to do it without me returning the camera and reordering it using the code at the time of purchase. 
by the way, it’s an absolute beauty ♥️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the latest information from Germany on the question of the voucher:

I asked in the Leica Online Store and the answer is: YES

"Thank you for your request.
This promotion is also valid for the Leica SL2-S "Reporter"."

but: there seems to be no "Reporter" available anywhere, Leica like before: big announcement and nothing available.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MediaFotografie:

Here is the latest information from Germany on the question of the voucher:

I asked in the Leica Online Store and the answer is: YES

"Thank you for your request.
This promotion is also valid for the Leica SL2-S "Reporter"."

but: there seems to be no "Reporter" available anywhere, Leica like before: big announcement and nothing available.

Update on my own contribution:
Ordered from the Leica Online Store Germany, voucher was accepted. cool!

Edited by MediaFotografie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Artin said:

I don’t know about everyone else here but I had wished they kept these gimmicky versions out of the SL  system .. I really hoped the SL line would be directed for the more serious professional direction instead of the fashion district.  I could not give damn about about the looks the dots or the fabric 

Give me the best performance, the best lens lineup, the best Autofocus, the best resolution, the best IBIS. Dynamic range. 
what’s next .. SL d without a screen in the back and a fake winder?

What a crap post. You’ll get your SL3 is the same timeframe you would have without the Reporter being made.

2 minutes ago, Artin said:

I very seldom get negative about what Leica puts out, I fully get why the need of all the special additions, Limited releases on the different platforms. 
but the SL line was developed as a serious mirrorless pro platform, and yet it has fallen way behind the competition.

the lens lineup is stagnant and they need to get at it, so excuse me if I am not thrilled with the Reporter. That is my opinion and I stand by it. 

Still a clown post. The Reporter edition has ZERO bearing on how far behind the competition Leica is with this platform.

A Safari or Reporter version of an SL camera is long overdue.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Artin:

I very seldom get negative about what Leica puts out, I fully get why the need of all the special additions, Limited releases on the different platforms. 
but the SL line was developed as a serious mirrorless pro platform, and yet it has fallen way behind the competition.

the lens lineup is stagnant and they need to get at it, so excuse me if I am not thrilled with the Reporter. That is my opinion and I stand by it. 

While professionals might use Leicas, the brand is not aimed at professionals but enthusiasts with large pockets.

2 minutes ago, insomnia said:

While professionals might use Leicas, the brand is not aimed at professionals but enthusiasts with large pockets.

All camera mainstream brands are mainly aimed at amateurs: Sony, Nikon, Canon, Fuji...... They want professionals to use their cameras because it helps sell more to amateurs.

12 hours ago, Artin said:

Ok Swamy tell me what is the point of a safari SL?, does it make the camera more camouflage?? Unnoticeable to the wildlife ? 

It changes the material and colour of the outer covering. No more no less.

This debate has been going on for almost 100 years now, so it won't get solved here. Some people can't get past the fact that Leica releases special editions of their cameras and lenses, even though it's been going on since their great-grandmothers were little girls. One of the arguments is always that "they should be working on (my priority) instead." As if the entire company stops working every time an assembly technician applies a body cover!

The thing about Leica's special editions is that they range from lovely to tasteless, and no one agrees on which is which. If you don't like this one, wait for the next one. Or ignore special editions altogether. Just realize that they are part of Leica's identity, and that probably won't change in your lifetime.

• Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, BernardC said:

It changes the material and colour of the outer covering. No more no less.

This debate has been going on for almost 100 years now, so it won't get solved here. Some people can't get past the fact that Leica releases special editions of their cameras and lenses, even though it's been going on since their great-grandmothers were little girls. One of the arguments is always that "they should be working on (my priority) instead." As if the entire company stops working every time an assembly technician applies a body cover!

The thing about Leica's special editions is that they range from lovely to tasteless, and no one agrees on which is which. If you don't like this one, wait for the next one. Or ignore special editions altogether. Just realize that they are part of Leica's identity, and that probably won't change in your lifetime.

Thank you. Some of us are just so tired of saying that, we can’t keep repeating ourselves. My eyes rolled back in my head reading the infantile post you replied to. It would be like asking those who buy black cameras if they do so in order to be a better ninja or to match their collection of black turtlenecks.

• Haha 1