Reissue 35mm Summilux Pre-Asph V1 Steel Rim

darylgo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, Crem said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Two hood is interesting. I wonder if both work with e46 filters attached?

Seems like a prototype but it’s available on the JP leica page. It says e46, but the lens size looks the same as the original, so how does it go from e41 to e46?!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shirubadanieru said:

Seems like a prototype but it’s available on the JP leica page. It says e46, but the lens size looks the same as the original, so how does it go from e41 to e46?!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The PDF mentions the two hoods. What a surprising feature. I’m guessing they both work with filters.  https://leica-camera.com/sites/default/files/pm-83814-EN_Datenblatt Summilux 35 - Classic.pdf

It's nice to see Leica is trying to save us money by going with e46 😀

Edited by Crem

8 minutes ago, shirubadanieru said:

First video review is out although 90% of it is on the camera, but you can see the SR new hood here. (Spoiler: I much prefer the original hood)

The sample images look pretty sharp. I can't tell if it has that Leica glow everyone talks about with the originals. It's tough to tell using a phone.

6 minutes ago, Crem said:

The sample images look pretty sharp. I can't tell if it has that Leica glow everyone talks about with the originals. It's tough to tell using a phone.

Look at Jono’s review. I see the glow on the flowers shot. Just hope it’s at least as sharp at f/1.4 as the v2.

43 minutes ago, Crem said:

The PDF mentions the two hoods. What a surprising feature. I’m guessing they both work with filters.  https://leica-camera.com/sites/default/files/pm-83814-EN_Datenblatt Summilux 35 - Classic.pdf

It's nice to see Leica is trying to save us money by going with e46 😀

E46 (via lens hood) per Leica Miami spec sheet.

I've put the trigger on this lens on the waiting lists of local authorized dealer in Taiwan. The size is a tempting. Having a research about this lens, I love the history, bokeh and the legendary of this lens. As a freshman in Leica world, I finally got a change to have some connection with the lens developed around 60 years ago. Can't wait for it. 

• Like 2

On pre-order as well. Whenever it finally arrives (might be a long wait I bet here in the US), I’m looking forward to comparing this to my v1 version, although I’m sure there are some that already have the new lens and an original, and doing comparisons now (looking forward to the results). From looking at Jono’s wide open samples, it looks to have that very character defining glow and flare of a v1 (and some v2). Kudos for Leica to reintroduce this!

Edited by RMF