Reissue 35mm Summilux Pre-Asph V1 Steel Rim

darylgo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 minutes ago, Wonzo said:

For now I`m also keeping my two old Summiluxes,  a Steel Rim and a V2 Infinity Lock, as they all have different renderings and as you say, it`s hard to part with such small and light lenses. Time will tell, how much I`m still going to use them ….

Despite 35 years of production I don't see availability often.  My second v2 was purchased because it was available at a local store and I could test it prior to purchase.  I've never seen an original Steel Rim online or in a store.  

My guess is these lenses (M) will outlast all other lenses produced today.  Is there a mount older than LTM or M in current production?  

M10-P Reporter + new Silver Summilux 35mm Steel Rim wide open

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

M10-P Reporter + new Silver Summilux 35mm Steel Rim wide open

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rtai said:

I have a Canadian V2 6 bit coded by DAG as an Asph pre-FLE. I would recoded as the SR if it’s similar enough. 

Can someone please please please post the coding for the new SR? Thanks.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1779165/0#16072535

How did you 6-bit code the Canadian v2? Because it is usually not possible to code.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, evikne said:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1779165/0#16072535

How did you 6-bit code the Canadian v2? Because it is usually not possible to code.

It’s possible if you send it to DAG. Mine is coded. And thanks to Fred Miranda for his help.

Edited by rtai
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 4:14 PM, rtai said:

I have a Canadian V2 6 bit coded by DAG as an Asph pre-FLE. I would recoded as the SR if it’s similar enough. 

Can someone please please please post the coding for the new SR? Thanks.

The code is 001100, so the two central dots have to be filled in with black, worked for my Nokton 35mm 1.4ii

-Thomas

On 11/18/2022 at 5:04 PM, rtai said:

It’s possible if you send it to DAG. Mine is coded. And thanks to Fred Miranda for his help.

Thanks very much for this. My v2 is on it's way to Don Goldberg as I write this to be coded as the v1 reissue.

I'll have to make do with 35mm Summicron v4 and Pre-FLE of my 35mm focal length needs until it's return!

Erik

• Haha 1

https://www.meister-camera.com/en/product/summilux-m-14-35mm-steel-rim-silver-chrome/

An original ver. 1 is available from Meister-camera.  I like to read their descriptions and information.  The images are always outstanding, in this instance giving us a chance to compare old and new version details.  The price makes me happy with the reissue value.  I've never purchased from them, does anyone have experience?  

Leica M10-R BP with 35mm f1.4 Summilux Steel Rim
#milanswolfs

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Anymore who got the 35SR reissue also got the 50mm 1.2 Noctilux reissue?

I got the 35SR and am considering the 50mm 1.2 reissue. Would love to hear your thoughts on how they compare in rendering and “vibe” of the images on digital?

Edited by mcpallesen

thank you to everyone in this thread that chatted about the lens, really helped me grab the lens for myself.  i shot some digital and film with my personal copy in seoul, korea

feel free to check it out to stoke the GAS flames in case you were on the fence:
https://www.ily98.com/blog/the-leica-35mm-summilux-steel-rim-reissue-review

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, vi0lat0r said:

thank you to everyone in this thread that chatted about the lens, really helped me grab the lens for myself.  i shot some digital and film with my personal copy in seoul, korea

feel free to check it out to stoke the GAS flames in case you were on the fence:

Beautiful shot! Also read the review and these are by far the best pics I've seen coming out of this lens. My experience with the original was great, but I was a bit worried from the examples so far not playing it to its strengths, but your review has nailed it. Shared with a couple of friends, thank you!

Edited by shirubadanieru
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vi0lat0r said:

Outstanding photo!

I agree with @shirubadanieru, best set of photos coming out of this lens so far, thnx for the write-up.

Can't wait to receive mine, I was promised November but still no luck.. I hope it will arrive before 19/12 as I'm leaving for a trip to Singapore/Malaysia and this was the only lens I planned to take with me.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, vi0lat0r said:

Prolly not only the best images by far from this "rim job re-issue" but also the best review by miles.
Keep up the good work, doing great @vi0lat0r.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

Beautiful shot! Also read the review and these are by far the best pics I've seen coming out of this lens. My experience with the original was great, but I was a bit worried from the examples so far not playing it to its strengths, but your review has nailed it. Shared with a couple of friends, thank you!

Appreciate you taking your time out of the day to check the review out and I truly appreciate all the kind compliments.  Also the fact you shared it with friends is always a pleasant and awesome surprise for my imposter syndrome.  I checked your instagram as well and realized I had been following you for a while! Love your work.  I definitely agree with the playing to strengths of the lens comment as I learned a lot of why these classic lenses were so beloved when I was working in Japan talking to the local film community wherever I could.

10 hours ago, junix said:

Outstanding photo!

I agree with @shirubadanieru, best set of photos coming out of this lens so far, thnx for the write-up.

Can't wait to receive mine, I was promised November but still no luck.. I hope it will arrive before 19/12 as I'm leaving for a trip to Singapore/Malaysia and this was the only lens I planned to take with me.

Thank you!!!! Honored anyone would use such kind words for the write up.  I hope you do get your lens as soon as possible for your trip.  Is there any possibility for you to grab the lens when you arrive in Singapore/Malaysia as a backup?  I love those areas so much - any particular places you are excited to see?  I spent a week in Singapore and Penang in October with the Summicron 8 element.

6 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Prolly not only the best images by far from this "rim job re-issue" but also the best review by miles.
Keep up the good work, doing great @vi0lat0r.

Super appreciate the time you took to check the review out and leave an incredibly kind compliment.  I am so impressed by your super attentive eye to catch the little easter egg ("rim job re-issue" ) i left there haha :) You were the first to mention.  No wonder you have such an incredible instagram feed.  It was pretty darn sweet to check out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vi0lat0r said:

Thank you!!!! Honored anyone would use such kind words for the write up.  I hope you do get your lens as soon as possible for your trip.  Is there any possibility for you to grab the lens when you arrive in Singapore/Malaysia as a backup?  I love those areas so much - any particular places you are excited to see?  I spent a week in Singapore and Penang in October with the Summicron 8 element.

If I don't get the SR by then I will take a Summicron V4 and FLE V1 with me, one on a digital body the other on film.

I love Singapore, used to go there every 2-3 months for work until the Pandemic. In Malaysia a bit less often maybe 2-3 times per year. Going there with my family for the holidays.. first Singapore to enjoy that beautiful city and then relaxing a bit in Langkawi. Singapore is full of nice photo opportunities and they have a really nice Leica Store.