Hasselblad X2D and Noctilux 0.95/50 for portraits

benqui

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 19 Stunden schrieb stuny:

A wonderful combination of camera, lens, model, light and photographer

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Bateleur:

Shamelessly chiming in Marc and echoing the previous eloquent speakers for I am at a loss for words on the technical mastery of these beautiful photo's and the allure of your models. 

Thank you very much for your comments which I really appreciate a lot! Charles and Stuart, I agree with you about the model. Sura is of timeless beauty and elegance 

Beautiful all around.  I agree the model is fantastic on her expressiona and honesty whcih paired with really great light balance and composition makes for a fantastic combo.  There's a veiled softness throghout that I am not sure I love.  I am initially attractied to it and then slightly distracted.  Her eyes cut through it and overall I cannot fault it technically, I am assuming it is a choice (along with choosing the equipment combo.) Overall it balances out.

In short. Beautifull shots!

Good Morning Marc,

beautiful pictures!

Sura ist ein tolles Modell, die Hassi wohl die richtige Kamera für Dich und ein dickes Lob von Monika die ebenfalls begeistert ist.

Gruß nach Süden, weiter so, ich kann sehen das Dir das Fotografieren mit dieser Kamera Freude macht.

Rolf

vor 19 Stunden schrieb S Maclean:

Beautiful all around.  I agree the model is fantastic on her expressiona and honesty whcih paired with really great light balance and composition makes for a fantastic combo.  There's a veiled softness throghout that I am not sure I love.  I am initially attractied to it and then slightly distracted.  Her eyes cut through it and overall I cannot fault it technically, I am assuming it is a choice (along with choosing the equipment combo.) Overall it balances out.

In short. Beautifull shots!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to discuss the photo. It was my fist attempt with this combo, there is a softness in the photos which I like a lot, but I need more experience to really see how they work together.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb DC-S5:

Good Morning Marc,

beautiful pictures!

Sura ist ein tolles Modell, die Hassi wohl die richtige Kamera für Dich und ein dickes Lob von Monika die ebenfalls begeistert ist.

Gruß nach Süden, weiter so, ich kann sehen das Dir das Fotografieren mit dieser Kamera Freude macht.

Rolf

Ganz lieben Dank Rolf! Es freut mich natürlich sehr, wenn es Euch gefällt. Auch viele Grüße an Monika und bis bald!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 23 Stunden schrieb BradS:

What was your intent for this sequence of photos?  What are you trying to say with it?  What was your goal?

1.) My intend was to create some portraits.

2.) I was trying to say that it is a lot of fun to combine a Hasselblad with a Leica M lens.

3.) My goal was … see answer number one

I hope that I could answer all your questions

• Like 7

vor einer Stunde schrieb spydrxx:

I keep coming back to this series to see what I could improve upon in my shots. Very compelling photos and a terrific model. Great combinations, as others have mentioned.

Thank you very much! I totally agree with you, Sura is really stellar!

• 4 months later...

Quite soft but nice. The issue for me with using the electronic shutter is not the rolling shutter but the long delay between the moment I press the shutter release and the moment the picture is taken. I never “freeze” my model so I can catch the beautiful natural moments. For the type of portrait I do, cannot use my beautiful and small Leica glass. The 80 1.9 is great, just wish it was more compact; maybe the 90 2.5 will do marvels?

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Lilou16:

Quite soft but nice. The issue for me with using the electronic shutter is not the rolling shutter but the long delay between the moment I press the shutter release and the moment the picture is taken. I never “freeze” my model so I can catch the beautiful natural moments. For the type of portrait I do, cannot use my beautiful and small Leica glass. The 80 1.9 is great, just wish it was more compact; maybe the 90 2.5 will do marvels?

I totally agree, you need a very „patient“ model to avoid the rolling shutter effect. The 1.9/80 is really wonderful and my favorite Hasselblad lens. The 90 is for sure more compact, but is it really worth to change? The 1.9/80 is not my lens which I use for travels, and for a portrait session I see it as a workout