Advertisement (gone after registration)

Back in 2000 I was invited to give a guest lecture at Nasau Community College on Long Island, New York. I took a number of photographs of the students while waiting to start, and have been revisiting them now.

Leica M6 + 50mm Summicron f2. Available light and handheld but have no record of the camera settings. Kodak T400CN film which I had processed locally to avoid problems with x-ray machines at the airport on the way back (those were the days!) One basic error in the photo, that is my Billingham bag in the background (oops!)

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I can't count the number of times I got film back after doing a shoot and noticed my camera bag somewhere in the background. Fortunately, most people don't notice things like that. Only editors and art directors do. 

It is so easy to do when you are concentrating.

Gerry

19 minutes ago, gwpics said:

It is so easy to do when you are concentrating.

Gerry

👍

By the way, that notebook in front of the young woman sure brought back memories. I filled several that were identical to it back in my college days. I think we referred to them as composition notebooks. 

Brent

Edited by fotografr

I think photo bags are ok in the photo dept.  Looks like wet prints can come out the wall into sink - round door to darkroom on right. I was in the darkroom one night and Marlin Fitzwater came spinning through the round door. Long time ago.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, fotografr said:

👍

By the way, that notebook in front of the young woman sure brought back memories. I filled several that were identical to it back in my college days. I think we referred to them as composition notebooks. 

Brent

Pleased I could bring back memories for you Brent!

Gerry

7 hours ago, OR120 said:

I think photo bags are ok in the photo dept.  Looks like wet prints can come out the wall into sink - round door to darkroom on right. I was in the darkroom one night and Marlin Fitzwater came spinning through the round door. Long time ago.

As a 'foreigner' I had to check who Marlin Fitzwater was (sorry!). I can't really comment on the layout of the room as I was busy getting worked up about the talk I was about to give. I do remember that the experience was totally different to any UK high school.

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Three more from the same evening.

Gerry

Edited by gwpics
  • Like 1