Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 infinity focus at hard stop?

Sammm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/12/2022 at 3:52 AM, Sammm said:

I love 50mm lens.  Hope you will find an APO 50mm soon.  APO 35mm is no slouch and highly desirable.  You have 2 very nice cameras and are living in such a romantic city, there has to be a lot of interesting subjects to shoot.

You're right about the close distance.  One of the downsides of the Noctilux is the minimum focusing distance of 1 m.  This is a bit too far and inconvenient.  I have already posted a few shots on an Nocti thread yesterday or the day before.  I will post more in the next few days.

Cheers,  Sam

Noctilux shooting streets at 5m~10m distance is magic and addictive. Just make sure that you have your rangefinder calibrated if you feel difficult to nail the focus. A lot of the time it's the rangefinder slightly out of sync and Noctilux just amplified that dramatically. Still, I've got some slightly out-of-focus Noctilux photos that are equally amazing (at least to my eyes). Leica is just very good at "painting" everything in and out of focus. I can live with out-of-focus shots with Leica.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...