Fraudulent Ebay sales by arri888

Wilson Totten

• 2 months later...

Peter Walnes will be in Crown Court on 20th January 2023 to answer fraud charges in excess of £1 million.

I was one of his earlier victims and I notified magazine's, trading standards, ebay who did nothing and still allow him to steal from people.

He will cease to trade once he has a criminal record.

Contact Penzance Trading Standards if you have been affected by this man.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Harry Feather said:

Peter Walnes will be in Crown Court on 20th January 2023 to answer fraud charges in excess of £1 million.

I was one of his earlier victims and I notified magazine's, trading standards, ebay who did nothing and still allow him to steal from people.

He will cease to trade once he has a criminal record.

Contact Penzance Trading Standards if you have been affected by this man.

I had the regular email from him trawling for new stock only last week, he's nothing if not persistent. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Harry. said:

Update:

Peter Walnes was convicted of fraudulent trading on 20th January and will be sentenced on 22nd March

Well it seems there may soon be a vacancy for Chairman of the Tory party, he'd be perfect for the job! It would also seem to be good punishment, if a tad unfair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

His web site is still trading and likewise his eBay shop. But while his email is worryingly still asking for all types of high end cameras and lenses he hasn't got anything significant for sale and what he does have could be described as flotsam, all the odd bits and pieces that could take years and years to sell.

22 minutes ago, mitchino said:

I think he declared himself bankrupt last week. I’m trying to find out what sentence he got. He owes me £5000 for some Hasselblad kit he sold for me. I’m trying to recover the money through my insurance.

I guess it depends on where we start a week, but my email for new stock was sent on the 23rd March, so if he's trading as a bankrupt doesn't he need to divulge something to potential customers?

Sorry to hear you are a victim too.  I was directed to Cornwall Trading Standards who were very helpful and had an extensive file on this subject. I believe  they initiated the recent Crown Court Case.  It may be that the bankruptcy is connected to avoiding having to pay / repay. Sorry not a legal expert.  Worth contacting Trading Standards although it may be a lost cause leaving you with insurance as best / only option.  I contacted eBay but they didn’t seem interested, which is a lesson in itself.  Watch for gear popping up on eBay again assuming you have serial numbers. I found one lens being resold by innocent buyer before I had been paid by Peter which triggered eventual payment by him of what we had agreed.  Only lesson I take personally is not to buy from Peter and DEFINITELY don’t sell to him !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...