M11, FOTOS & Leica Cable Connection = Frozen iPhone

Keith (M)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New M11 arrived this morning and once the battery had charged I started the set-up, which included connecting my iPhone 12 via the supplied cable then going through the Fotos app set-up, which was successful.  Turned off the camera, disconnected phone.  Next time I picked up the phone it would not respond to any touch on the screen or side button - basically seemed to be inert.  It had been fully charged overnight, so battery level was not an issue.  Tried to reboot - no success.  Went to Apple Support website & found the page "If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen". Instructions were:-

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Phew - eventually it sprang back to life.  Anyone else had same or similar result from using Fotos and the cable?

23 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

New M11 arrived this morning and once the battery had charged I started the set-up, which included connecting my iPhone 12 via the supplied cable then going through the Fotos app set-up, which was successful.  Turned off the camera, disconnected phone.  Next time I picked up the phone it would not respond to any touch on the screen or side button - basically seemed to be inert.  It had been fully charged overnight, so battery level was not an issue.  Tried to reboot - no success.  Went to Apple Support website & found the page "If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen". Instructions were:-

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Phew - eventually it sprang back to life.  Anyone else had same or similar result from using Fotos and the cable?

Phew… i know how it felt when it froze but i have been resetting iphone since early days of iphone X 

however, i dont experience much with iphone and leicafotos through cable, i found that the wifi connection is quite robust