M11 Blurry Lightmeter …

Tylerman

13 hours ago, Tylerman said:

And a diopter correction… how should I know what to get …. And where to get it ?

For me the diopter made a huge difference in seeing the focusing patch better. I can now focus the 0.95 successful all the time.

The red light still has a little helo.

But I am more from the group to set auto ISO and auto shutter speed, so the light meter is not so important 

I went to a store to try the different correction to land to the right one, there is an initial correction already in camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If possible go to a Leica store and first try a different camera to rule out a camera fault with your camera.  If the other camera is also blurry you know your eyesight is the issue.  Then do trial and error with diopters until you find the correct one.  That is what I did.  I thought I would need +0.5 but turns out -0.5 was the best fit for me.  Much easier than going to an optometrist (for me).  Plus you get a chance to play with all the nice things while you are there.

Edited by paulsydaus

On 9/30/2022 at 8:58 AM, Photoworks said:

there is an initial correction already in camera.

Minus .5 diopter built in, consistent with the virtual distance of 2m for focus patch.

A good local optician will also have a set of free trial diopters.  I take my M to mine for experimentation (with my glasses on, which correct for astigmatism and distance), then order the optimal strength from a Leica dealer as needed. 

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S