New 7Artisans 35mm f2 release coming

Ba Erv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Might be an interesting budget option.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Adjective:
gentle, literary, refined

Noun:
certain natural phenomena, character, culture, formal ritual, language, literary composition, script, writing

Wén (Chinese: 文) and wǔ (Chinese: 武) are a conceptual pair in Chinese philosophy and political culture describing opposition and complementarity of civil and military realms of government.

5 minutes ago, GFW2-SCUSA said:

I'm confused. The OP introduced the F2 35mm WEN, the YouTube is about the f1.4 lens. Which are we talking about? 

I think the video was just a reference to the translation of the Wen character.  The Wen 35mm f1.4 has been out awhile now.  Completely different lens but uses the Wen Series nomenclature. 

Mandarin is my mother tongue so here it means “文”from “人文” rén wén,loosely translate to documentary (literal meaning is "human and article"). They have a casual word for street photography “扫街” (literally means sweep the street). Chinese sometimes used this two words interchangeably 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Casey Jefferson said:

Mandarin is my mother tongue so here it means “文”from “人文” rén wén,loosely translate to documentary (literal meaning is "human and article"). They have a casual word for street photography “扫街” (literally means sweep the street). Chinese sometimes used this two words interchangeably 

Now this is funny, I try to explain in a language that I couldn't quite translate properly 😳 人文, in literal meaning, human and cultures, or humanities after looking it up 

6 hours ago, Casey Jefferson said:

They had a tiny 35/2 for M mount and curious to see if this will be a glorified version of it. Seems short enough that it doesn't add much bulk.

I wish it were as sharp as my early 35/2 with less flare and distortion but i doubt it will come with the same 6-bit code that was not allowed by Leica i suspect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lct said:

I wish it were as sharp as my early 35/2 with less flare and distortion but i doubt it will come with the same 6-bit code that was not allowed by Leica i suspect. 

I had no issues with the optical quality of my 7A 35mm f2.  I could not tell the difference between it and my Summicron 35mm asph v1.  The differences were in finish and build quality.  And like every 7A lens I’ve owned, it focuses way past infinity at the hard stop, even though focus was accurate via the RF.  That I found really annoying but I bought this lens as a beater and was surprised that optically it was anything but a beater.

Pics taken w my M4-2 and the 7a 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

39 minutes ago, Huss said:

I could not tell the difference between it and my Summicron 35mm asph v1.

My 7a 35/2 flares and distorts significantly more than my Summicron 35/2 asph v1. Great little lens for the price though. I have lent my copy to a relative of mine together with an M8.2 and he likes this combo so much that he's reluctant to return it to me.