Bought second hand S2, how to download tether software?

AmbientLightNZ

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

A year or so back I was able to purchase a lightly used S2 at a great price.

I have been loving using it while out and about, the image quality is pretty astounding - especially for what is now an old camera.

I am now keen to give tethered shooting a try using my old MacBook Pro, but because I bought the camera second hand I don't have access to the owners area so have been unable to download the required software / Lightroom plugin.

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks so much in advance
Doug

1 hour ago, 1joel1 said:

I can't get my previous owner to deregister. I can't contact him at all so I am without this option as far as I can figure. I even have the original receipt (10x more than what I paid and under 100 exp).

Joel

I had a similar issue with an S2 006. The previous owner ignored my request to deregister the camera (it's possible he bought it second-hand and never registered it), I ended up sending Leica the receipt from the transaction and they changed the registration to my name.

• Thanks 1

I am using the Leica Image Shuttle ver. 3.6 on my 007 and S2P for focus stacking.  After this version, Leica stopped supporting the focus control with ver. 3.7 and 3.8.  I also contacted Leica Support for the LR plugin (it does not have any focus control).  I believe that Leica's reason was because of their involvement with Capture 1, which offers tether control for Leica S and SL cameras.

• 2 months later...

As far as I can tell, Capture 1 doesn't offer tether control for the S. I was able to use Leica Image Shuttle to control my S 006 and have the files go to a hot folder so they show up in C1 right away. At first, I was frustrated because the shuttle program didn't see the camera, then I found that I needed to remove the memory cards from the camera for it to work.