Godox XproIIL with S3

ynp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Godox has started shipping its Leica dedicated trigger, I have just got it from China and tested with my Leica cameras today. Unfortunately, the XproIIL does not work in the HSS mode with my Leica S3. The TTL works, but anything shorter than 1/125 seconds makes a black frame. I tested my setup with the AD100Pro.  Curiously enough, even TTL measurements were not consistent frame by frame. I will test it again next week when the AD300pro has arrived.  As a manual trigger it works well.

I need a couple of battery powered lights for my outdoors work, and my Nissin HSS setup works with some limitations but it looks like it will stay until either Godox issue a new firmware or a Profoto trigger works with my camera. 

10 hours ago, ynp said:

Godox has started shipping its Leica dedicated trigger, I have just got it from China and tested with my Leica cameras today. Unfortunately, the XproIIL does not work in the HSS mode with my Leica S3. The TTL works, but anything shorter than 1/125 seconds makes a black frame. I tested my setup with the AD100Pro.  Curiously enough, even TTL measurements were not consistent frame by frame. I will test it again next week when the AD300pro has arrived.  As a manual trigger it works well.

I need a couple of battery powered lights for my outdoors work, and my Nissin HSS setup works with some limitations but it looks like it will stay until either Godox issue a new firmware or a Profoto trigger works with my camera. 

See the the thread below, starting with the linked post. You may contact @sillbeers15

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, helged said:

See the the thread below, starting with the linked post. You may contact @sillbeers15

Helged, Thank you for your great advice.  It took time, but I was able to Swap one of my M lenses for an S70 CS lens and I started looking for a 180mm CS.  It’s a shame that I have been cheap and stubborn and  it took me so long to realize that HSS is not the only solution. During the last week I played with my old Hasselblad HC 80 mm and sinc was unreliable at 1/750 then I tested the S70 CS and it’s (I) much better wide open and (lI) syncs at 1/1000. It’s more then enough for my work.  
Now I can be brand of strobes agnostic and shoot with my old Bron generator outside. I even used the Godox Leica trigger with the CS lens in a CS mode and ad100pro in a Flip yesterday in BKK it worked as should. 

yevgeny

Edited by ynp
  • Like 1