ONE Lens

leffe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 24mm f2.8 asph. This is a magical lens, is close to being a 35mm lens equivalent, and is very forgiving of the photographer.

The rendering of skin is incredible. You can touch the images.

Little, light, doesn't need a finder, gotta stop now.....

Terrible question indeed. Love it at the same time.

I go with Bill and his 24mm: extraordinary lens. But just have my S'cron 28 back from an extreme makeover in Solms. Wow, now I have 2 unbelievalble lenses.

And last week I bought a Tri-Elmar 28-50 a.k.a. MATE (new 2nd type, coded and heavily discounted; you will hate me) ;)

I think I would take the MATE or otherwise the S'cron 28 (mediate WA, higher speed than the 24 and easier framing in M8 viewfinder).

How could you ask such a question?. It's like having to choose one of your children!. If the choice had to be made it would be a 35 Summilux Asph. I already had it and sold it in favor of others. LOL

Eoin, he has NO children at this point. It's Adoption-as-a-Creative-Tool.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If I had one lens to choose from it would be my 28 mm - f/2. Fast and sharp, especially since I adjusted my focus at infinity. I also have a 35 mm - f/2, 50 mm f/2.8, 90 mm and a 28/35/50 mm f/4. That last one is neat because of the different focal lengths but I find it to slow at f/4 in many situations.

If I were going with only one, it would be my 35 summicron v4. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I just prefer the look of the non-asph lenses over the asph lenses.

This 35 is just so compact that I think it makes an excellent walk around lens. The second one I would reach for is the canon 28 f/2.8, which is even smaller and jsut wonderful for black and white.

Guest guy_mancuso

No chance in hell to be able to pick one. Throw me on a deserted island first. It just has to be two 28 and 75 . i have two kids i could never pick between them.

So leave me out of the poll to much a hard core gear junkie. LOL

Hands down the 28 Summicron. It's essentially a 35mm, the classic "standard" M lens. Not to tight, not to wide. I find I'm only reaching for the 35 Summilux when I need the 1.4 where it excels. Otherwise can't trust the backfocus on it. My 50 pre-asph lux gets a workout though I'm keen on getting a 75 Cron as the 50 sometimes seems not tight enough and the 90 too tight. I can see how a 28 and 75 are a great pair.

....................................is this ONE lens or THE lens that was around a few weeks ago..not to be mistaken for the one travel lens or the one most Leica like lens....could be a lens. so many singles out there