M-Rokkor 40mm f/2 - Lens hood cap

mirekti

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So I have two Rokkror-Ms which I intended to give my son as his entry to world of photography. Rokkor-M 40mm f/2 and 90mm f/4, both came with a rubber lens hood. Both lenses have 40.5mm threads to which the hoods are screwed in. 90mm has a collapsible rubber hood and 40mm has a fixed shape (also rubber) one. 90mm came with a clip on cap which can be easily put on and off by having the hood collapsed. The hood for 40mm, on the other hand, cannot be collapsed so if I transfer the clip on cap to it the only way to remove it is by unscrewing the whole hood which is not so convenient. 40mm came with front pinch type cap, but it works only when the hood is off as it is 40.5mm like the threads, not 37.5mm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was thinking of buying another push in cap for 40mm too, then drill a small hole to add a tiny screw which would be used to pull the cap off, but before I do so and permanently change it, would someone recommend any other method?

Edited by mirekti

42 minutes ago, mirekti said:

90mm came with a clip on cap which can be easily put on and off by having the hood collapsed. The hood for 40mm, on the other hand, cannot be collapsed [...]

I have not the same clip-on cap as yours. Mine is the same front pinch type cap on both lenses and the rubber hood can be collapsed on both too.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1