Happy Birthday, dear Leica Forum!

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Congratulations Andreas and thank you for such a wonderful forum with Leica-minded people and the proper civility to allow many many great discussions.  It would be difficult to be without Leica cameras and equally difficult for me to be without the forum on a daily basis.  

Edited by darylgo
  • Like 1

Congratulations Andreas on a fantastic achievement. Somewhat surprised to learn I was one of the ‘first hour boys’ way back when; can’t believe it’s 20 years. Which just goes to show that time flies when you’re enjoying yourself! 
Here’s to the continuing success of the Forum.

Best wishes

John

• Like 3

Fun, interesting, and informative it most certainly is, and always has been. It is also free from the frequent quarrelling, backbiting, and bullying that have marred some other internet-based Leica groups. Andreas can be justly proud of having successfully maintained such standards for the last two decades.

• Like 3

Congratulations Andreas - a tremendous achievment! I've enjoyed visiting (reading and contributing) to the Forum since October 2002, if my profile is to be believed, though I haven't even yet reached 5000 posts. I can't describe the enjoyment that I have derived from it.

• Like 2

My membership is longer than my memory. I remember when the Forum was initially run by Leica as I recall. Too long ago to remember. I joined under my full name then. Later I had reason to abbreviate it to today's iteration. In all that time I have been coaxed along to discover deeper Leica understanding, but more importantly ' Image understanding'.

The friends I have made both virtual and real is a magnificent bonus for me. On reflection, it has been the best time of my life. The time to wind down for me approaches but my wonderful experiences cannot be taken from me.

Thank you Andreas and all Forum participants.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, wolan said:

Could you share a screenshot of the very first user post on this forum?

That might be too difficult. There were about 20 of us who were beta testing the "new forum" on Andreas' behalf for maybe a month before it was launched in June 2006, so the very first post on there was probably in April or May 2006.

But for those of us who would like to see what the very, very old forum was like, try this link

https://web.archive.org/web/20070821051013/http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum

There is also a discussion about "the good old days" here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done, all involved. One clear memory was the presence of 'trolls', a new word for me at the time. But that was when it was a Leica service, and predated the launch of Andreas' site. So  a special thank you to Andreas and the current team, for keeping the forum clean and always interesting. 

• Like 2