Please help me identify some vintage pieces?

AllieGM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am slow in responding because the forum doesn't work on my older computer...

Yay, so helpful again!  The large D does measure 3/8" / 1cm on the thread end.  The small D fits a standard tripod socket.

I do have an old case, but it has an integrated screw.  The case is in kind of poor shape with "fuzz" on it... guess I will have to look up how to clean it.

I looked up ORYFO and ORTVO, and, yep!

On 11/13/2022 at 7:56 AM, luigi bertolotti said:

I am almost sure that the other in D is the same component for the modern black leather cases for M cameras, with 1/4" tripod mount (I have one - but the screw went lost... 🤒)

Would you like this one?  For the cost of postage, for all your help I'd send it to you.  Not sure if I'm allowed to offer that on the forum this way, so apologies if I've broken a rule...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...

Hi again guys...
Still chippin' away at finding homes for this stuff.  
I have a Visoflex mount and I think the other piece is a PEGOO? -- just wanted to confirm.  Is there a letter code for this particular Visoflex?  Again just looking for all the appropriate keywords.

Now this is a dumb question, but since I no longer have a lens or camera to connect it to... should I be able to see anything clearly through it?  I think the glass looks very clean, but, the viewscreen -- the piece with the square on it, on the right in the photo, seems hazy.  I think that's how it's supposed to be, "ground glass"?, but don't want to advertise the glass as very good if that is in fact haze.

Also -- what do you advise to clean mildew off a leather case?  I've googled and I see either mild detergent or a 50:50 water & rubbing alcohol mix.  What do the experts here say?  :)

15 hours ago, romanus53 said:

the screw might belong to the bellos OZYXO to mount a focusing-stage. 

Oh HEY — it does fit in the hole at the side, and I found some pictures showing the two screws! Yay! What does this one do? [Don’t really know what you mean by mounting a focusing stage.]

I’ve looked at photos of the Visoflex but it’s not clear to me [photos above] whether I have an OZYXO or an OZUPO?

Edited by AllieGM
phone dictation did not handle this post well :\

The Visoflex has an M-mount rear-cap so it should be an OZYXO - or you can unscrew the bajonett-adapter easily and it is a Leica-screw-mount OZUPO Viso. If you look in the Leica-wiki here https://wiki.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/OOZAB  you can see a focusing-stage which can be mounted to the beollws instead of a visoflex. In that case the shown screw goes in on of the holes on the bottom, and you slide the camrea-body or the magnifiein loupe in the right position.

• Thanks 1