M-262 shutter wheel

Monochrome

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently found an issue with my shutter time wheel. When i try to change the setting from “A” to a manual speed or vice versa, the actual setting is different then the one indicated on the wheel. For instance, if i turn the wheel from “A” to 1/250 sec it might actually  be on 1/2000 sec. The only way to know that is by checking the info on the LCD. Then, if i try to go back to “A”, it might be on a manual setting of 1/2 sec. Only after long turning back and forth i can get back to “A”, by luck. I tried taking out the battery and CF card, and also a reset but nothing works. 
Is anyone familiar with this problem? I updated to the latest firmware in may, but didn’t notice it because i normally like to work in the semi automatic “A” setting.

Monochrome

On 9/22/2022 at 12:45 PM, Monochrome said:

I recently found an issue with my shutter time wheel. When i try to change the setting from “A” to a manual speed or vice versa, the actual setting is different then the one indicated on the wheel. For instance, if i turn the wheel from “A” to 1/250 sec it might actually  be on 1/2000 sec. The only way to know that is by checking the info on the LCD. Then, if i try to go back to “A”, it might be on a manual setting of 1/2 sec. Only after long turning back and forth i can get back to “A”, by luck. I tried taking out the battery and CF card, and also a reset but nothing works. 
Is anyone familiar with this problem? I updated to the latest firmware in may, but didn’t notice it because i normally like to work in the semi automatic “A” setting.

Monochrome

You may wish to disable auto iso if any.

Leica M while well built it isn't indestructible, I replaced the back dial on mine recently. It's a pretty old camera by now so parts do wear out.

Send it to Leica for a check up, here in Singapore Leica staff actually expressed that dials may not need to be replaced as they'll attempt to clean it first and sometimes that's all it need.