Special Model Leica Q2 "Dawn" by Seal

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, PAG said:

It strikes me that there are broadly two types of people who have Leica cameras:

1. Those who use the camera knowing that they have a well built, high spec, flexible camera; and,
  2. Those who have been told that it is expensive and want to show off their latest fashion accessory to whoever they think is important to them. Oh, and it also pictures as well.

To me, a camera with a black body (shows up less in reflections and is less conspicuous) that is small but highly functional is what I need and have. I didn't want the neck strap to have Leica written on it so I don't use it. The only thing that tells anybody what 'brand' it is, is the red dot. To most people, they don't know what that is and that suits me fine. To those who do, We can engage in a conversation that is really photography for photographers (bores my wife sh***ess).

Somebody who needs to have something fancy and non-functional on the outside isn't really giving photography a very high priority.

Also applies to eg Nikon, Canon, Olympus etc etc camera owners / users ... not just Leica enthusiasts. And same applies to cars. Everyone thinks they own the bestest 'boy's toy' ... it's human nature. And ... For the OP's info ... there are actually more than TWO types of Leica owners / enthusiasts ... 

Porridge with sardines..... Perhaps I should give it a try.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jankap

2 hours ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

there are actually more than TWO types of Leica owners / enthusiasts ... 

I agree - hence the use of the term 'broadly' as in; 'there are broadly two types of people'

And yes, the same applies to Canon, Nikon et al. Do we really need to have a neck strap that says 'mug me'? The strap for the Mamiya RB67 Pro S extended medium format camera was the best camera strap I ever had, it was plain black with no writing or logos on it. So good, in fact, that I got one for my Mamiya ZE2 and put it on that.

For cars, I really don't give one about what type/manufacturer it is, as long as it is reliable and can do the job...

When I first saw this I thought Ohh, maybe this one's for me. I was surprised to find one online in stock and my finger was hovering over the buy button when I thought to check an unboxing on YouTube. That's when I discovered that what I thought was a subtle attractive tasteful finish was actually very bling. A Q2 in a gold sequin dress? No thanks. Disappointed. Will they ever create a limited edition that appeals to the majority of their customers? I guess if it was I wouldn't have found one in stock.

I've been waiting for a Q2-P which now seems unlikely.

I don't really understand why there are so many negative comments being aired here.

It's not 'for me' but aesthetically I don't find it anywhere near as unattractive as the majority of Limited Edition stuff and in terms of functionality I suspect (just suspect) that the fancy covering will prove to be far better-wearing that the 'kevlar' skin used for the M Reporter which, nonetheless, seemed to be warmly welcomed by the majority of those who expressed an opinion on the matter. Add-in the fact that each covering will be unique I could see why many folks - collectors and users alike - might well find the camera an attractive option.

Perhaps I'm just a bit weird but if I fancied a Q2 at all I might easily be swayed towards this edition. I don't like any strap more than the old-fashioned nylon thing which has been standard-equipment for ever and I'm not sure the headscarf would see much of the world but as far as the camera itself is concerned then I'm firmly in the 'Thumb's Up' camp.

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

Also applies to eg Nikon, Canon, Olympus etc etc camera owners / users ... not just Leica enthusiasts. And same applies to cars. Everyone thinks they own the bestest 'boy's toy' ... it's human nature. And ... For the OP's info ... there are actually more than TWO types of Leica owners / enthusiasts ... 

Reminds me of this.

William 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/27/2022 at 12:31 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

We need a QEII edition.

Queen II was their second studio album.  Not sure why you’d want an edition after that, the songs were not really memorable.  Ok apart from “Seven Seas of Rhye”

Edited by Huss
  • Haha 1