Leica CL (film) question.

I have the Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm 1:2.8. On the Leica CL it brings up both the 40 and 50mm framelines. The whole finder window appears to about cover the FOV of the 28mm lens. It's quite possible that the Minolta CL has framelines for the 28mm lens, but I don't know that for a fact.

On the M2 the M-Rokkor brings up the 35mm framelines, it appears.

42 minutes ago, pop said:

I have the Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm 1:2.8. On the Leica CL it brings up both the 40 and 50mm framelines. The whole finder window appears to about cover the FOV of the 28mm lens. It's quite possible that the Minolta CL has framelines for the 28mm lens, but I don't know that for a fact.

On the M2 the M-Rokkor brings up the 35mm framelines, it appears.

The Minolta CL is identical to the Leica, just rebranded, so the M-Rokkor 28mm brings up the 40 & 50 framelines. The M-Rokkor 28mm was designed for use with the Minolta CLE and was, thus, introduced after the Minolta/Leica CL was discontinued . 

• Like 1

So the M-Rokkor 28mm for the CLE doesn't select the 28/90 frameline pair on Leicas that have it, and on (e.g.) the M6 you'd just get the default 35/135 pair? Would I be right to assume that you only see the default 28mm framelines when you mount this lens on the CLE, but see 28 and 90 together if you mount a Leica 28mm on the CLE?

8 hours ago, Anbaric said:

So the M-Rokkor 28mm for the CLE doesn't select the 28/90 frameline pair on Leicas that have it, and on (e.g.) the M6 you'd just get the default 35/135 pair? Would I be right to assume that you only see the default 28mm framelines when you mount this lens on the CLE, but see 28 and 90 together if you mount a Leica 28mm on the CLE?

With the CLE you get the 28 framelines only with the 28 lens, 28/40 with the 40 lens and 28/90 with the 90 lens. In other words the 28 framelines are always visible.

49 minutes ago, pop said:

In short: the CL always shows the framelines for the 40mm lens. It may or may not show other framelines, depending on the lens mounted. The manual says so.

Paying homage to the M3, that always showed the (normal) 50 frame regardless of the lens mounted. The 40 Summicron was the normal lens for the CL.