Exposure preview options

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello!! Yesterday I shot a wedding, and used the Q2 quite a bit....but used my more familiar Fujis during the ceremony. Both bodies were acting up and losing settings ever since my last firmware upgrade. Will sort that out this week. I used the Q2 for the rest of the night and it rocked. One daft question I have though: Is there a way to quickly turn exposure preview on or off quickly? I was using off camera flash and at times, it was too dark for me to compose my shot and see what I was focusing on. 

Edited by Farrell Gallery

When you are using flash do you manually set the the exposure and shutter speed?
If so the camera’s exposure mode is in Manual. 
There are 2 settings for Exposure Preview. Set that to P-A-S , then is Manual mode the Exposure Preview will be off. 
This only works if when you are not using flash you use Program, Aperture Priority, or Shutter Priority exposure modes.

Yes, all manual mode and manual flash settings, and no TTL. On Fuji, I can turn off exposure preview, and in a darker setting, the eye and / or rear screen is brighter so I can see what I'm doing. With this, I haven't found a way yet. I just want to be able to see what I'm composing in a darker setting, as I know I will have it exposed correctly with off camera flash. Do you suggest trying manual instead of PAS then? Thank you so much!! (Just when I thought I knew most everything about the menu, haha) 

Edited by Farrell Gallery
  • Like 1