I replaced the kevlar for leather on my Reporter today

hcklr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is just temporary cheap fake leatherette I found, the real replacement (black, and a green option) is still a few weeks out, but thought I'd share here with the community how it looks. I'm really happy with it and will not be going back to the kevlar. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Fresno said:

Was it difficult to remove the Kevlar?  

More difficult than I would have guessed as it left behind a HUGE amount of residue/adhesive that took some patience to get 100% removed and cleaned up. I'd do it again though easily! Was a fun project. 

4 hours ago, Al Brown said:

I love it when a special edition gets regular use (as cameras are supposed to). Priceless usage signs, brassing and awesome memories.
A gentleman from a neighboring thread has done a similar thing in this post.

Agreed! I'm two years into every-day-use with mine. No signs of slowing down 

24 minutes ago, hcklr said:

Agreed! I'm two years into every-day-use with mine. No signs of slowing down 

I have found your Instagram from a /r subgroup, lovely stuff and I love how you post a lot of images of your camera there as well. True dedication, true love, true M10 workhorse. I have a M10-R black paint in similar shape to your Reporter with over 40K shots done in a year. Just about to pull the plug on the Reporter (found one brand new and is currently reserved) but still not 100% sure lol

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Brown said:

I have found your Instagram from a /r subgroup, lovely stuff and I love how you post a lot of images of your camera there as well. True dedication, true love, true M10 workhorse. I have a M10-R black paint in similar shape to your Reporter with over 40K shots done in a year. Just about to pull the plug on the Reporter (found one brand new and is currently reserved) but still not 100% sure lol

Very nice! I added a black paint M10R with a 50APO for a short time, but found myself still basically just always reaching for the Reporter as the sensor and megapixel raw file sizes are perfect for me. I do sometimes miss that M10R BP though!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...