what's this???

taosantamonica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

this spot showed up on some photos i took yesterday with my m11 and 50 apo. cleaned the apo's glass surfaces so maybe the sensor??

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

6 minutes ago, taosantamonica said:

this spot showed up on some photos i took yesterday with my m11 and 50 apo. cleaned the apo's glass surfaces so maybe the sensor??

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Could be a spot of dirt on the sensor. How does it look in the uncropped version? 

9 minutes ago, SrMi said:

Could be a spot of dirt on the sensor. How does it look in the uncropped version? 

same shape but better defined three circles with a white center.  i'm thinking it's something on sensor, hopefully not a problem that having the sensor cleaned can't take care of....

Edited by taosantamonica

Taosantamonica,   It could be as SrMi suggested or IMO a dried moisture droplet.  A good clean of the sensor should take care of the issue.  Worse case, run it up to the Leica Store in San Francisco and ask them to take a look at it.  They can have a go at cleaning it too.  r/ Mark

7 hours ago, LeicaR10 said:

Worse case, run it up to the Leica Store in San Francisco and ask them to take a look at it.  They can have a go at cleaning it too.  r/ Mark

Better case, save the 800 mile round trip and stop by the LA Store. 

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Oil droplets on sensors can make this sort of image flaw. It happens on most digital cameras. Easy to fix in Lightroom or Photoshop. Cleaning sensors is trickier, and they come back. Mechanical shutters have lubricants that can wind up getting sprayed by their mechanisms. Happens on my D850 as well as M-P and M11.

Edited by sdk