No Shutter release sometimes. Anyone else?

elmars

On 9/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, Photoworks said:

it is already in the next update!

How do you know that? 

I have a similar issue to this as well. Never thought it could be due to the touchscreen. When this happens the whole camera freezes and I must turn it off to turn the shutter mechanism off so I can take another picture. But seldom is this enough, taking the battery out for a minute or two seems to hard-reset everything. 

My M10-R shutter froze up last evening. Only a battery reset would do the trick. This has been pretty much par for the course since the M8 (M9 the worst, M10 plain the best). IMO it's the 'already out of spec by the time of release compared to the other components' CPU's Leica has always used. Not enough headroom, maybe a memory leak until reset. The start up time should have become less, not more than the M9/M10. Expect an M11-S around the corner. Leica: "you never needed all those megapixels as it is, and this camera actually works." 

On 9/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, Gigamesh said:

How do you know that? 

I have a similar issue to this as well. Never thought it could be due to the touchscreen. When this happens the whole camera freezes and I must turn it off to turn the shutter mechanism off so I can take another picture. But seldom is this enough, taking the battery out for a minute or two seems to hard-reset everything. 

I was in contact with support team to make the aware and to address the issue and they have assigned a case number and 2 weeks later they told me that it will have a fix in the firmware update .

I don't know any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, charlesphoto99 said:

Expect an M11-S around the corner. Leica: "you never needed all those megapixels as it is, and this camera actually works." 

what corner?

you can set the M11 to 18mp and forget the rest.

Leica is a company that is proud to get out products that are at a different level. 
Leica is a small company, and they where able to bring out a camera, M11, even during all the restriction and supplies issue of covid.

I am a happy user of the Leica products, and be happy they are able to come out with so many exiting products in the last few years. Keep in ming that before the company was ready to call it quit multiple times in the '90.

I give them more time to fix it, and I keep using it until I decide otherwise.

Edited by Photoworks
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 12:29 PM, Photoworks said:

Did you have the LCD active? on live view or play?
I found it too and it is a bug that will be fixed. when you touch the screen with face or finger the shutter does not fire!. If you then put off your face it works again

This frequently happens to me.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have this issue also, and the notes about not touching the LCD while trying to take a shot seem to be correct. That's a HUGE problem for me: I am left eyed and my nose ordinarily rests on the LCD. Ugh!!!