Is the Hasselblad X2D a threat to Leica’s SL series?

Patrickfoley@mac.com

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

Depends on which Fuji?

For the XH2 and XH2S.. Smaller system size. F1.2 lenses. Native zooms to 900mm equivalent. Better tracking autofocus. Fully articulated rear screen. 1/4 the price.

Gordon

Personally, I have zero interest in APS cameras other than for truly compact systems. I print a lot of exhibitions and let’s just say that the Fuji x series suffers compared to any full frame camera I have seen. I think if you mostly work on the web and small prints they are great, but anything even moderately sized and they are visibly inferior. 
The reverse also holds for extra large prints…the bigger the sensor and resolution, the better. But the SL2 and full frame has reached a goldilocks zone, where the prints you need to make to see a big difference with MF are so large as it is no longer as big of a deal. And keep in mind that in sensor area the gap is quite a bit larger from APS to 35mm than 35mm to the GFX/S/X2D. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stuart Richardson said:

Personally, I have zero interest in APS cameras other than for truly compact systems. I print a lot of exhibitions and let’s just say that the Fuji x series suffers compared to any full frame camera I have seen. I think if you mostly work on the web and small prints they are great, but anything even moderately sized and they are visibly inferior. 
The reverse also holds for extra large prints…the bigger the sensor and resolution, the better. But the SL2 and full frame has reached a goldilocks zone, where the prints you need to make to see a big difference with MF are so large as it is no longer as big of a deal. And keep in mind that in sensor area the gap is quite a bit larger from APS to 35mm than 35mm to the GFX/S/X2D. 

Stuart, have you had a chance to print large from any M11 full size 60MP DNGs yet? 

Edited by LBJ2

13 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

Stuart, have you had a chance to print large from any M11 full size 60MP DNGs yet? 

Sadly no! I mostly work with artists, and the M11 is not something most can afford. Those that have a bit more to spend go for the GFX series here. There are one or two Phase One shooters. No Hasselblad these days. I have the only L mount cameras that have ever shown up in my studio. Most people shoot Fuji, Sony, Canon or Nikon. Or a phone. Everything else is a rare treat. That said, Iceland is a particular environment and very small market, and I am a small niche even within that small market, working mostly with artists and museums. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1