Nikon Z7 compatible with M mount lenses

Sharphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, kivis said:

You kind of need the red focus lines to keep a manual focus lens to have accurate focusing.

No you don't. If DoF is somewhat deep, then you just shoot normally.

If you shoot wide open, or otherwise have quite shallow DoF, you can zoom in with a click on a button, check focus, and then click again to see the full image. I do that a lot. This includes having an easily movable focus spot, so no need for focus and recompose (unlike on the M 240 for instance).

Or you can even use autofocus with the smart adapters from Techart and Megadap. (I have both.)

Edited by LarsHP
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SrMi said:

Leica has also said that eliminating mechanical shutter would likely allow IBIS to be added without increasing the thickness.

This suggests that the space they need is only a few millimeters.

Again, if I was working for Leica, I would have voted for moving the mount a bit forward in order to get IBIS on board while keeping the overall thickness. With a lens mounted, it would only be visible if you really looked closely. They could still offer a model without IBIS for those who don't need or want it.