One hundred and eighteen years old

carl_valiquet

vor 1 Stunde schrieb carl_valiquet:

When you add the age of the Honda civic ( 1989) with my friend Frederick’s age (1928) you get 118.

Still going strong, as the saying goes. I am not too good in mathematics, but if Fred was born in 1928, he must be around 94 years old by now. And if his Honda Civic was made in 1989, that car will be 33 years old now. 94 + 33 would add up to 127, if I am correct. 

Be that as it may, I wish that their common journey through life continues happily as long as possible.

Andy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wizard said:

Still going strong, as the saying goes. I am not too good in mathematics, but if Fred was born in 1928, he must be around 94 years old by now. And if his Honda Civic was made in 1989, that car will be 33 years old now. 94 + 33 would add up to 127, if I am correct. 

Be that as it may, I wish that their common journey through life continues happily as long as possible.

Andy

Hi Andy. Thank you for the mathematical solution. I made a mistake. Fred's age is 94 but the Honda is year: 1998 I must be getting old!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

Is he still driving?

Hi Andy. Fred and his car make one. I asked him if he had to pass a test with the licence bureau. He answers: « usually i have to. But they have not contacted me for 3 years. I must have fallen off the shelf». And he keeps that car in shape as much as he does his best to keep his body in shape. And you should see his reaction when a woman walks by him. A «Ah. Las mujeres!» he sais. 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, carl_valiquet said:

When you add the age of the Honda civic ( 1989) with my friend Frederick’s age (1928) you get 118.

Both the Honda and Fred are going strong.

Fred came to visit me dressed up in his Sunday best.

Long life to both of them!

M10M 35 Summilux ASPH

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Glasauge
technical error

47 minutes ago, Glasauge said:

This is intriguing - as always. Finally I "consulted" your website  and especially loved the folder https://www.valiquet.com/women-workers.html

Que vous continuiez votre travaille ou bien ouvrage

Hans

Hans, thank you for your comment and for taking time to look at my web site that I MUST UPDATE. I retired as a commercial-advertising photographer and returned to my first passion: that is to take photos for my own satisfaction, no clients. 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 7:13 AM, andybarton said:

Is he still driving?

My first thought as well.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:31 PM, carl_valiquet said:

He does enjoy life and he is an inspiration. Here is another number: him and I have been friends for more than 50 years.

Friendships that long are very rare. I can probably count the number of friends I've had that long on one hand. He looks like he has a great attitude.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, fotografr said:

My first thought as well.

Friendships that long are very rare. I can probably count the number of friends I've had that long on one hand. He looks like he has a great attitude.

He does have a great attitude. A very dear friend indeed.