M APO 35mm 2.0

alexander

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, alexander said:

All distances

Hello alexander,

Which model of camera are you using it on & does this specific camera focus properly with any or all of the other lenses that you are using it with?

Also, do you hold the camera/lens with your left hand under the camera/lens? With your left hand focusing the lens?  While your right hand is holding the shutter release button side of the camera? With your right index finger on the shutter release button?

Do you think that any of your other fingers might be covering the small rangefinder window in the front of the camera sometimes?

Even tho an "M" camera (Film or Digital.) is usable with either eye in the range/viewfinder window: Leica "M" cameras are designed for left handed support & focus of the camera/lens & right handed shutter release.

Best Regards,

Michael

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Michael Geschlecht:

Hello alexander,

Which model of camera are you using it on & does this specific camera focus properly with any or all of the other lenses that you are using it with?

Also, do you hold the camera/lens with your left hand under the camera/lens? With your left hand focusing the lens?  While your right hand is holding the shutter release button side of the camera? With your right index finger on the shutter release button?

Do you think that any of your other fingers might be covering the small rangefinder window in the front of the camera sometimes?

Even tho an "M" camera (Film or Digital.) is usable with either eye in the range/viewfinder window: Leica "M" cameras are designed for left handed support & focus of the camera/lens & right handed shutter release.

Best Regards,

Michael

Checked everything it is not working… the distance meter system does not pair correctly, it gets stuck. The APO works correct on all other modern M cameras…… ans all my other lens work correctly on my M6 M7…

Edited by alexander
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It is the case that the APO 35mm uses a somewhat different style of focusing connection to the camera.

Instead of a cylindrical brass barrel that moves in and out to push the camera's roller cam, the 35 APO has a small black metal tab that slides in and out (see above). A few other M lenses also use a tab, but the one in the 35 APO is a new design, encased in a non-moving structure.

I would take the lens off the camera, locate this tab on the back, and see if it is actually moving in and out when you turn the focus ring. It should.

If it does not, then there is a disconnection somewhere inside the lens itself, between the focusing ring and the tab. Needs to go back to Leica for internal repair.

If the lens is operating correctly, then do your best to see if that lens tab aligns VERTICALLY with the focus rollers inside your cameras' lens mounts when mounted.

There may be a positioning mismatch there, because there is sometimes a little vertical play in the camera's roller. Especially in an older camera.

__—

Since you have film cameras, it may help to open the camera back, lock the shutter open with the "B" shutter speed, and view how the lens tab joins the camera rangefinder by looking through the shutter opening from below.

Edited by adan
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. The 35 APO does not engage the Rangefinder on the M6.  The little tab on the 35 does indeed move up and down but evidently does not hit the roller.  Wonder if this is the case with all the 35 APO and M6's?

3 hours ago, 01af said:

I have no idea ... but with my seven-year-old Leica M-A, the Apo-Summicron-M 35 mm Asph works just fine.

Is your lens the 35mm APO?  Or the 35mm Asph?  edit - I see they do call it the APO Asph!

Edited by Huss

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having a similar issue.  My 35mm APO works perfectly with my M11 and Monochrome, but on my M6 the rangefinder focus won’t focus closer that 1.5 meters.  I spoke with Leica and they said that is a problem and they are having me send the camera and lens to them to investigate the problem.

Ich hatte das auch! Der kleine „Schieber“ am Objektiv hängt. Das ist bei meinem dritten!!! handverlesenen!!! Objektiv passiert. Ich bin sowas von enttäuscht von Leica. Eine traumhafte Schärfe, wenn es funktionieren würde. Mein Erstes hakte bei einem Meter in der Fokussierung, mein Zweites war nicht scharf, dann kam das Dritte, und handverlesen, und das hatte den Fehler mit dem „Schieber“. Sowas darf nicht passieren! Leica schiebt es auf den neuen Schneckengang, mit dem man ja bis 30cm fokussieren kann. Aber mal ehrlich, bin ich hier Betatester in der Preisklasse? Habe dann vom Kauf Abstand genommen und mir das 35 FLE gekauft, und zwar das ohne neue Naheinstellgrenze! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
Am 23.12.2022 um 11:16 schrieb iMattes:

Ich hatte das auch! Der kleine „Schieber“ am Objektiv hängt. Das ist bei meinem dritten!!! handverlesenen!!! Objektiv passiert. Ich bin sowas von enttäuscht von Leica. Eine traumhafte Schärfe, wenn es funktionieren würde. Mein Erstes hakte bei einem Meter in der Fokussierung, mein Zweites war nicht scharf, dann kam das Dritte, und handverlesen, und das hatte den Fehler mit dem „Schieber“. Sowas darf nicht passieren! Leica schiebt es auf den neuen Schneckengang, mit dem man ja bis 30cm fokussieren kann. Aber mal ehrlich, bin ich hier Betatester in der Preisklasse? Habe dann vom Kauf Abstand genommen und mir das 35 FLE gekauft, und zwar das ohne neue Naheinstellgrenze! 

wow- ich bin auch erstaunt,wenn Leica das nicht vorher analysiert und gecheckt hat. Es gibt ja doch noch einige die analog M fotografieren. Ich habe auch noch eine M6 und MP. Muss mal schauen, ob meins richtig funktioniert.

Edited by tom0511

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Lange nichts gehört, vom APO 35. Daher, gestern Abend rausgeholt, Staub abgewedelt und die Wimpern von Frau Lehmann fotografiert…😊

• Like 6

vor 36 Minuten schrieb kretsche:

Lange nichts gehört, vom APO 35. Daher, gestern Abend rausgeholt, Staub abgewedelt und die Wimpern von Frau Lehmann fotografiert…😊

Vielleicht ist es auch abhängig vom Motiv ob die Linse will ...  :) 

Schönes Bild & Model - wie immer.