Canon EF lenses with the SL2-S

Ong Xa

I have both, Novoflex and Sigma for manual focus Tilt/Shift lenses. The Novoflex works flawlessly on SL601 and SL2-S whereas the Sigma doesn't work as well with the SL601. On the 601, the aperture isn't displayed correctly as far as I noticed. However, the Sigma works very well on the SL2-S.

Edited by Helmut99
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received the Viltrox EF-L autofocus lens adapter from BHPhoto today. My earlier inquiries on Leicaforum and BHphoto did not yield clear responses but here you go: the adapter works perfectly well with the SL2-S body & EF L lenses. Cheers, OX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, BernardC said:

The Sigma adapter works on the SL2/SL2s, but not on the SL. The (now discontinued) Novoflex adapter is the only one that is supported on the SL.

Thank you.

As far as you know manual focusing (also with M lenses) is more comfortable on the SL2 or the SL caught up with firmwares? Like, how the magnification works when you focus the lens? The whole screen is involved (like the evf2 on the M240) or you can choose also to zoom just a small portion at the center?

1 hour ago, Besprosvet said:

Thank you.

As far as you know manual focusing (also with M lenses) is more comfortable on the SL2 or the SL caught up with firmwares? Like, how the magnification works when you focus the lens? The whole screen is involved (like the evf2 on the M240) or you can choose also to zoom just a small portion at the center?

I can't compare the two, but manual focus is very easy on the SL. I've assigned the joystick to zoom-in when pressed. You can move the target around the frame by moving the same stick. What I've found is that I rarely need to zoom-in at all because there's enough detail in the regular view to determine focus. I only zoom-in occasionally to confirm that my eyes aren't getting tired.

The SL2(s) should be even better because they have even more EVF resolution.

Of course, everybody's vision is different. You'll need to try it yourself to make sure it works for you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No AF with a ts-e, but the rest works great..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I’ve got the Sigma and on the SL2 it works pretty well.. af performance isn’t amazing, and sometimes i feel the look of the lenses isn’t quite right.. i think this is partially realising how much better the leica glass is, and partially lenses that weren’t designed for a system not performing their best. 

the shifts work pretty well, but i feel like they’re somehow more prone to flare.. i don’t know how/why but that extra distance from the sensor somehow can cause issues.. somehow. I don’t know. I know often on Cambo systems with Schneider lenses shifting around requires LCC plates to correct light going whacky hitting the light wells differently, and i suspect maybe something like that happening. I could be full of shit. I don’t know. Just make sure you shade your lens if using a shift. I can already hear people calling me an idiot, but this is just based off my experience, a’ight?