New Leica M6 Film Camera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

30 minutes ago, Mike Rawcs said:

Thanks for Grainydays, Colin. I must admit (again) to an itch for a film camera, but a recent search for colour negative film stock drew a blank. Is this a normal occurrence these days?

Cheers, Mike. I love that guy. His obsession with Edward Hopper really shows through, and his enthusiasm is infectious. Plus he's very funny.

Where are you searching for film? I get mine either from my local Snappy Snaps, or online at Wex Photo Video. They're both often out of stock, and constantly back ordered, but I just keep checking. You don't usually need to wait too long.

1 hour ago, Mike Rawcs said:

Thanks for Grainydays, Colin. I must admit (again) to an itch for a film camera, but a recent search for colour negative film stock drew a blank. Is this a normal occurrence these days?

Not sure of your location, but in the US it is available at many places.  The problem is there are a couple of really big retails stores (one called B&H) who often are out of stock and it seems some people only shop there.  So if they see it out of stock there, they end their search!

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, madNbad said:

The few remaining camera companies all use a composite material around a titanium frame. 

Titanium ??? All companies ??? False. 
Nikons use magnesium alloy - same as  Leica. I suspect Canon does too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy Bunting said:

I just purchased a Leica M2 to compliment my M11. I'm assuming the new film model will cost many times what the M2 cost me ($1400 w/ recent CLA by YYe), so hopefully the fomo won't be too severe. 

It's my first film camera, so I can't justify a huge spend so soon after the M11. 

Did I make a mistake?

How nice. Congratulations. Bur yes, you made a mistake....getting the M11. :)

Seriously, enjoy! And by all means, give BW home processing a try.

John

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BradS said:

Ah, yes. I get it now. I apologize for taking things too seriously. 

Thanks for the information. It’s not like I did any actual research into modern camera construction. I just really like the idea of a modern M body. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huss said:

I feel like I need to be put out of my misery.  One way or another I need to know..  And I am not even sure why!

I could understand why photographers who could never afford a Leica film body would be excited IF the rumoured camera becomes reality at a much lower price. Which is seriously doubt btw. But why are people here getting all excited. Like you, I cannot understand it. We already own probably a number of Leica film bodies and it would seem a lot of us also have beautiful Nikons, so what would a new body with most likely zero new features bring us?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ianman said:

I could understand why photographers who could never afford a Leica film body would be excited IF the rumoured camera becomes reality at a much lower price. Which is seriously doubt btw. But why are people here getting all excited. Like you, I cannot understand it. We already own probably a number of Leica film bodies and it would seem a lot of us also have beautiful Nikons, so what would a new body with most likely zero new features bring us?

As film shooters it benefits us to have other people coming into the hobby and having an overall healthy film camera/product ecosystem.  It means more film stocks could be developed or revived, more darkrooms open, more knowledge and energy coming into the industry.  Even if I never buy a lesser expensive new film M I think that it benefits me if it exists because I don't live in a bubble.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ianman said:

I’m excited because IF the price is lower than the current M’s it will give people a chance to own a repairable metered M body rather than having to rely on paying over the top prices for used  un repairable M6’s as is the case now. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:41 PM, FilmSpiel said:

I‘m sorry that all doesnt make sense to me. And it would be the First time since years (summarits) that Leica will sell a budget product.

but anyways. I told my camera store to get on a black list, in case something like that exists for a new analog modell 😀

Leica's idea of 'budget' may well be 95% of the current price.

• Haha 1

• andybarton changed the title to New Leica [M6] Film Camera in October? [MERGED]
  • LUF Admin changed the title to New Leica M6 Film Camera