New Leica M6 Film Camera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This thread keeps on giving, now we are discussing TLRs? Ahah I do love TLRs : ) If you wanna get an old model that feels good as new, this guy does an amazing work: http://magicflexcamera.com

I got one camera from him with the old f2.8 Xenotar lens and when I no longer used it I sold it to a reputed dealer here, and they rated as the most mint Rolleiflex they had seen in their lives. 

Anyway, new M6? Any more rumors? It’s mid October already.

Edited by shirubadanieru
  • Like 1

I prefer my two babies...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, cesc said:

No more rumors, this morning I talked with  someone that confirmed me that it's a New Leica M6 (he's not sure but probably Black Paint) mid-end October will be announced 

Yes I heard that from someone in the supermarket queue who had been told it by his next-door neighbour who, in turn had got it from someone on the bus who had it from the local butcher. So it must be true. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Al Brown said:

I prefer my two babies...

Nah - I'm thinking of making my own 6x12 or 6x17 fixed focus landscape panoramic camera. I have a few bits of mahogany around.... 

16 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Nah - I'm thinking of making my own 6x12 or 6x17 fixed focus landscape panoramic camera. I have a few bits of mahogany around.... 

My latest toy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matlock said:

As a long term Rolleiflex user I fully agree. Strange how the possible introduction of a new Leica M has morphed to a Twin Lens Reflex 🙂 

Both are classics.  And when the new M6 is just going to be an MP, well... we gotta talk about something!

• Like 2

There is a thread here for all the wonderful non-leica stuff and old systems, full of great information and awesome pics. Classic cameras that are not Leica/Leitz produced:

I would have never thought to look for a discussion thread on non-Leica cameras in the 'Leica Collectors and Historica' section of the forum.  I wonder if it should be moved somewhere else, like 'Barnack's Bar'.  

There is a thread here for all the wonderful non-leica stuff and old systems, full of great information and awesome pics. Classic cameras that are not Leica/Leitz produced:

Wunderbar! Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matlock said:

Yes I heard that from someone in the supermarket queue who had been told it by his next-door neighbour who, in turn had got it from someone on the bus who had it from the local butcher. So it must be true. 

I should stop talking with people

Edited by cesc
  • Haha 1

According to my sources, Leica will in an unusual marketing strategy be teaming up with Kodak to give away an M6 with every 50-pack of Portra. In other news, the price of Portra will be rising to £100 per roll by the end of the month, and only 1000 rolls will be available globally this year.

Edited by Anbaric
  • Haha 3

• LUF Admin changed the title to New Leica M6 Film Camera